Anybody into Scar Symmetry ?

Nicky007

License to groove
Jun 12, 2007
Copenhagen, DK
Talkin about new metal bands, any of you guys into Scar Symmetry ?

They recently released the studio album Holographic Universe (based on the book by Michael Talbot), and it's simply terrific.

SS are based in Avesta in the backlands of Sweden. They're a new group, but all members are experienced rock musicians (from different parts of Sweden).

They have about an equal amount of growl/shout and clean vocals, and some fabulous vocal harmonies, at times sounding like an angels choir. The vocalist on HU, Christian Älvestam, does all this, and his vocal range and expression is unbelievable. Sadly he's not in the band any longer.

There are two guitarists who do some amazing riffing and soloing. The drummer is completely upfront, the bassist great too.

SS cover a lot of musical territory and are at the same time highly original.

Guys, check out this top-league metal group :headbang:

Nicky.

simon-cowell-thumbs-down.JPG

Their old vocalist quit, and they wanted to keep the cleangrowl mix that worked with their style prior to that.

Well it's preferable live since this band has about 99% chance of the Soilwork syndrome live. Basically, the vocalist can't fucking sing his overproduced gothenburg fantasy vocals. Unfortunately they've got a growler that actually is involved with good music now. If this slows down Facebreaker its unfortunate.

i never thought of them as gothenburg or melodic death metal, they sound like a prog band, like symphony x without the classical tip but with some death growls thrown in.

It all sounds great, but it's pretty predictable and hard for me to want to listen to the album more than once.

It's a band that I should enjoy but I just don't for whatever reason.