At The Gates

Ormir

Oct 11, 2001
Espoo, Finland
I've heard alot about how good this band is, and as a fan of Gothenburg metal I owed it to myself to to hunt them down. Today I finally got "Slaughter of the Soul" and it sounds quite good. I can really see how they've inspired the rest of the scene, but I think other bands from Gothenburg have taken the sound further. The riffing is quite thrashy and the songs are tight, almost minimalistic. The playing is very proffesional and clockwork like in execution, slopyness is not one of their faults. Good, but not the best band to come out of there. That's my opinion after about 3 listens. I'd like to hear from At the Gates fans on their other albums, this one, and you opinions. "Slaughter of the Soul" is their last album I understand, but they've released two albums recently. Lives and B-sides?

Hey, I was also going to buy 'Slaughter of the Soul' just a few days ago, but I found the two Dissection albums second-hand and I bought them. So I'm going to buy it next week. :p

I still get goosebumps from terminal spirit desease.

definitely my absolute fave from ATG.

the intro alone, when the violin fades into the song... brrr.rr...rrrr..

get that one!

"six sinister thorns of beauty,
the claws of the non-divine..."

I think the best album of At The Gates is " Slaughter of the Soul",
the sound of that album is very extreme and melodic , a thing really impressive.......
i love that album. :heh:

All of them are good! oh and if u have not heard of Arch Enemy you should check out them to i dont find people talk about this band enough.