Austria

So what's the band's name?

--"well,.... they're "true" , haha!."

Heheh, if I didn't like the music so much, I would hate black metal for shit like that. It's alot like hip hop over here. The whole "It's not just a music, it's a lifestyle" bullshit.

I don't think I've heard Blessmon, yet.

What do you think of Sternenstaub? Probably not your cup of tea, as the English used to say. :]

the name of the last band i mentioned is IN SLUMBER
(sorry forgot to name them =) )

Sternenstaub are quite fine :) as I've heard they may get a deal some soon time. i can imagine that the demo songs sound very good if produced professionally.

i havn't seen them live yet. they were supposed to play at Austrian BlackMetal Force III, but this event was delayed till spring next year (planned was november this year). let's see what happens.

yeah :-/ for good this time. it was called zu-ga-be ("encore") and it was actually a club that was made of 3 "locations": papa's tapas, zu-ga-be, atrium. but it was all one address. it was a jazz-location, and a bar and also most underground metal-gigs took place there. which is definitely past now :cry: it was perfect in sound and also the room-size was just fine for such gigs (80-100 people)

opacity said:
ok, here's a new Austrian band, and every fan of scandinavian melodic DM will enjoy this one a lot, cos imho it has exactly that what all the big scandinavian names are lacking lately.

link:

edit: i deleted the link cos the samples there are only horrible and don't reproduce the real music :mad:

HA! i found a link now: http://www.firebox.fi/?page=tuote&pid=3272 :hotjump: :headbang:

my personal faves are tracks #2,3,4,5,8 - no, actually i like them all :loco:

So what kind of shows are going on this spring? Any favorite new releases?

I'm liking Sternenstaub very very much. Did they get that record deal? I've been enjoying Einherjer, too.

I made a cd of Austrian black metal the other day and suggested it for Easter dinner with my family. My Mom was excited when I told her that I brought some religious music. Apparently, Bastard - Carcass of God is not what she had in mind.

I was thinking about the fact that my favorite black metal comes from Austria and what that might have to do with the deeply entrenched Catholicism. Do you have any insight in that direction which you might like to share?

yes, Sternenstaub got the deal at last.

My favorite Austrian release this year (so far) is Nerthus' "Black Medieval Art".

gigs:
hm, next saturday Finntroll/Ensiferum/The Wake, (suports: DIABOLICA, SCARECROW) are playing;
in june, an Anathema gig is scheduled

apart from small gigs, there'll be the second "Kaltenbach-Open-Air" in mid July :hotjump:

as for the black metal thing:

ask the people themselves ;)
I cannot tell much about that cos I'm having a different attitude towards the "true" bands - often enough they also stated that it is all about provoking and stirring up and none goes killing anything and writing bloody messages on churches or the likes :Spin:
but there are also bands (members) who are serious about their attitude, which ... ah well, we've discussed that so many times here on UM and in most other forums probably too.

DEEPER GROUND OF METAL FEST PART 2

BENEDICTION
HOLY MOSES
ILLDISPOSED
INCANTATION
DIVINE EMPIRE
MASTER
DARKSIDE
VANITAS
FINAL BREATH
JACK SLATER
GODDAMNED X

Vienna, Austria

Planet Music, 29.05.2004 15:00

www.deeper-ground.at

Thanks for the responses. I understand not wanting to get into the mess about religion and such. It's a good idea to keep this thread free of such debates.

hey guys :)

let's see... - here's some selected ones (for a rather full schedule see here: http://www.earshot.at/php/dates/dates.php3?action=plz )

5.2.2005: Kreator + Dark Tranquillity + HateSphere + Ektomorf
me is surely there :D
i hope HS play "release the pain" - that song is mighty, furious and devastating :devil:

16.2.2005: rammstein - :eek: nope, not at that price.....

1.3.2005: ILLDISPOSED (DK), ANCIENT (NOR), FINAL BREATH (GER), MORTUARY DRAPE (ITA), SEEDS OF SORROW (AUT)

any doubts that opi is there? :p final breath are a good live band, btw. (seen them 3 times so far)

9.3.2005 CRADLE OF FILTH, MOONSPELL - this am going to SKIP :yuk:

14.4.2005: FINNTROLL, NAGLFAR, AMORAL - i am going to die there. :Smokin: (although... without Jens Rydén, I might consider staying alive though ;) )
it's stated wrong @earshot-mag, they still have graveworm in the list.

apart from the gigs, it's been snowing, and now almost all snow is gone in vienna again which is good (winter in a big city is awful).

the best place to meet your metal-needs is still www.escape-metalcorner.at and I am still spreading my very personal taste in music every other thursday there :p

KALTENBACH OPEN AIR is going to happen again in mid july, the line-up is fixed too:

bands.gif

i wanna see The Defaced live someday, and Mercenary (they're on tour with Brainstorm in spring, but won't do the gig in vienna, on may 1st, brainstorm does ... :bah: ), and many other bands too, whoI'm afraid won't ever see live unless I travel abroad :(

last night i was in Linz for a gig: IN SLUMBER, MORTUS, and others I didn't know cos the billing was changed in too short a time (some musicians were ill or had an accident at work or were otherwise unable to play).

I was disappointed of Mortus, i had expected more :/
In Slumber were great though and despite the problems with the microphone it was a good gig.

BUT...
the reason why i'm writing here is that i heard the new self-produced CD of DARK DECEPTION
:OMG:
this is one of the best self-produced underground stuff I ever heard :eek: and not only this, the music is fantastic too - I even liked those harsh vocals ..! not just screaming or grunting or both but somewhere in between, and i guess this style of producing vocals is even worse then "only" screaming or grunting cos you can hear how he tortures the chords =) you know, the kind that is extremely harsh and piercing and yet you can understand the words in a way.
cannot describe better how i mean it, sorry :/

anyway - DARK DECEPTION are very good.

also the new stuff that the first band of yesterday's gig played was great: heavier than the old stuff - i never remember their name :lol: i'm sure i'll remember later the name