best show you have ever been to? (music-wise)

I hate you...have never seen them.
I've actually seen them twice :p read... and read...

TheWhisper said:
Ah yes, Stryper on the 'Soldiers' tour and with TNT & Loudness on the 'To Hell With the Devil' tour were both most excellent.
It sure would have been awesome to see that tour! The show in 2001 was a reunion gig, but still great! I ended up missing most of that second Saviour Machine show to stand in line for Stryper autographs on a mint condition To Hell With The Devil vinyl with the original cover art. Totally worth it.

Best performance would have to be Mortiis, he is so energetic and puts on an amazing show.

Best Vocals would have to be the 1st Kamelot show in Tampa just recently.

Scared for life that I will never forget show would have to be Stabbing Westward / Front 242 show with completely naked mustached hermaphrodite go-go dancers dressed in cowboy chaps and hats dry humping female members of the audience thatI saw sometime in the early 90's at The Masquerade in Atlanta.

Best performance would have to be Mortiis, he is so energetic and puts on an amazing show.

Cool, which tour was that?

I saw him opening for Christian Death (and Godhead) wayy back -- his first ever US show, actually. It was a good show and we were all entranced, watching, since we didn't know what to expect, but I wouldn't have called it that energetic.

Sadly, I missed seeing his later shows here. Quite a cool guy, too.

Which brings me to the worst touring band I've ever seen: Diet of Worms, also at that same show, opening for Christian Death. I can't understand how they could have been so bad with Damond Jiniya on vox, but there ya go.

Cool, which tour was that?

I saw him opening for Christian Death (and Godhead) wayy back -- his first ever US show, actually. It was a good show and we were all entranced, watching, since we didn't know what to expect, but I wouldn't have called it that energetic.

Sadly, I missed seeing his later shows here. Quite a cool guy, too.

This was on his tour last year in the states with the Genitorturers, He was doing stuff mostly from his phase 3 Grudge album which is definately a more energetic album then his previous works. His band was the 2nd opener and was pretty much the only reason we we went to that show.

I saw interview where he was talking about how they concentrate efforts on the live performance as its every bit as important as the songs themselves. He was also surprised at all the different people who come to his shows that have gotten into him throughout his different phases from death metal till now.

Best shows for me:

1. Kiss "Hot In The Shade" 1990, Johnstown, PA War Memorial. They've never even come close to touching the calibur of that show!

I've been really getting into 80's era Kiss lately and I've heard the HITS Tour was their best from the non-makeup era. I remember them coming to Knoxville on this tour with Slaughter and now I wish that I'd went. :erk: With that said, there's a live show from that tour included in the newly released Kissology II set that I intend on buying. Woosta, do you have that?

~Brian~

1987 and 1994 - Pink Floyd - Atlanta, GA Omni & GT Stadium
1987-88 Great WhiteSnake tour Atlanta, GA - Omni
2006 - TSO Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
2006 - Queensryche and Judas Priest - HI-FI Buys Amp. AKA Lakewood

Great Shows. Many more to list but these are my favorites..

Holy Shit!!!!!! My boys Spencer, Wayne, Trip and Steve what a band, I would have loved to have seen them.

My wife and I would have loved to have seen this, as well. They played on a Thursday night, and I found out about it the following Sunday when I heard some guys talking about it at the Record Show...naturally, they were talking about what a KILLER show it was, and how glad they were that THEY didn't miss it :lol:

I think it was this past May when they played, and they had Rick Richards (Georgia Satellites/Izzy Stradlin) opening up for them.

1. Guns 'N Roses - Use Your Illusion Tour - 1992
2. Dream Theater - Scenes From a Memory
3. Jimi Hendrix with the original Chicago opening
4. Savatage - Wake of Magellan Tour - St. Pete, FL.

Chris :headbang:

Hands down--Pink Floyd during their final Division Bell tour...9th row.

There's been nothing like it in intensity or total submersion in the moment since then...and I was stone cold sober! I can only imagine what SOME people were seeing/feeling. :lol:

:Smokin:

I forgot about that one. Can't say I was completely sober but I should add that to my list.

I've seen alot of shows but nothing has ever topped seeing Pink Floyd live.... The sound was album perfect and the show was beyond description.... :headbang:

Either Dream Theater at the Phoenix Plaza in Pontiac MI in 2000, where I discovered Tiles and Spock's Beard...

...or last fall seeing Kamelot and Epica at Harpo's in a very unpacked crowd, which let me get front and center and enjoyed it immensely without getting bashed to death in Harpo's world-famous mosh pits.

Okay, guys and gals while doing a search for something work related i found this page, and boy did it bring back memories.

http://www.messyoptics.com/bird/contact_sheet.html

If you go and look at the one entitled Atlanta Pop festival at this location

http://www.messyoptics.com/bird/APF_00.html

See if you recognize the guy in picture #8

:lol: Wow, John - that's a trip seeing you as a younger man. I swear that the girl on your left looked familiar and I'm convinced that it must be Kellie Pickler's mother - you know, the ditz from American Idol a couple years ago. :loco:

Back OT:

Scorpions/John Butcher Axis - 1984 Live at First Sting (first ever concert)
Iron Maiden - 1985 Powerslave Tour (1st time to see them)
Metallica/Queensrÿche circa 1988-89 Metallica was touring on "...And Justice for All" and the Rÿche were touing on Operation:Mindcrime
Extreme/Danger Danger - 1990 (before "More Than Words" hit) - Paul Geary handed me a drumstick as they were taking their bows. My friends and I got to meet and then eat breakfast with Gary Cherone at Denny's after the show. That's a story in and of itself.
Living Colour/King's X - 1991 at a small club in San Antonio - the energy in that place was amazing and the bands were arguably at their peak.
Pink Floyd - 1994 Division Bell Tour - Wow. Just Wow.
Queensrÿche - 1995 Promised Land Tour at the Woodlands (near Houston) the one and only time have I ever heard Geoff hit all of the notes in the word "life" from "The Mission" (as in, "it turned my li-i-i-fe around") and I've seen them probably a dozen times. Honorable mentions to the original Operation:Livecrime tour and the Empire tour, but honestly I could list EVERY Queensrÿche show among my faves. Shit, I almost forgot the Iron Maiden/Queensrÿche/Halford show or the DT/QR/Fates Warning shows - Auuuugh!
Iron Maiden - 1999 World Slavery Tour - again, the energy in the Bronco Bowl (and heat) was amazing as this was the reunion tour w/Bruce back in the fold - they ripped through all the hits and the crowd was in a frenzy!
PPUSA VII - 2006 - My first ProgPower, and my first time to see Evergrey/Mercenary/Freak Kitchen (and back-to-back-to-back no less) which was pretty close to a religious experience from up on the rail.
Kamelot - 8 Sep 07 first time to see them was just a few days ago and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen... they completely delivered a stellar performance and as a bonus they turned out to be really nice guys - got to meet them and snag autographs after the show. Will definitely make it a point to see them on every tour from here on out.

I could go on and on - but this list is long enough already. If something earth-shattering comes to mind later on, I'll add to this list...

Kamelot - 8 Sep 07 first time to see them was just a few days ago and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen... they completely delivered a stellar performance and as a bonus they turned out to be really nice guys - got to meet them and snag autographs after the show. Will definitely make it a point to see them on every tour from here on out.

Agreed! It was a tremendous show that will make it onto future lists of favorite shows! :headbang: