Bonds all time homerun king!!!!

I love it and yummy! :lol:
Barry%20Bonds.jpg

Here is what steroids have done for Barry.,.And if you believe that your a freaking idiot

Barry Bonds

Career Avg: 298 (great record for how many years he's played)

Records:
# 1 all time for Major League home runs in a single season with 73.
Tied # 1 all time for Major League career home runs with 755...he will break it...
# 1 for most walks in a career with 2,539 (Think of how many HR he would have)
# 1 for most MVP Awards with 7.
# 1 for most consecutive MVp awards with 4 in a row.
# 1 for most pitchers homered off (445)
# 1 for most consecutive games with a walk with 18.
Tied # 1 all time for most consecutive walks with 7.
# 1 all time for consecutive seasons with 30 or more home runs with 13 seasons.
# 1 all time for most consecutive seasons with.600 slugging percentage...8 seasons
He's the only player to have 400 HR and 400 stolen bases
He's the only player to have 500 HR and 500 stolen bases
1 of 4 players in history in 40-40 club (40 HR and 40 Stolen Bases)

More Records:
In 1998, Bonds tied John Olerud for the National League record of 15 consecutive plate appearances reaching base. He also tied this record again in 2003.

In 2001, Bond's slugging percentage of (.863) set a single season record. He also slugged .812 in 2004, only the second time in history that a player has bettered .800 twice. (Babe Ruth in 1920 and 1921).

In 2002, Bonds amassed a .582 on base percentage, breaking Ted Williams 1941 record of .551. In 2004, Bonds finished witha .609 OBP, the only time a player has bettered .600 over a full season.

In 2002, Bondos won the National League batting title with .370, becoming the oldest player to do so. He was his second title in 2004.

During the 2002 post season, Bonds set the record for most runs hit in a single post season (8). Bonds hit .471 with 4 homeruns and 13 walks (7 INT) in the World Series, thereby slugging 1.294 with a .700 on base percentage.

In 2004, Bonds set the single season on base slugging percentage record with a total of 1.422.

In 2004, Bonds become the first player in history with more times on base (376) than offical times at bat (373). This was due to the record number of walks, which count as a time on base, but not a time at bat. He had 125 hits, 232 walks, and 9 hit-by pitches.

Bonds has won the National League Player of the Month award 13 times which is a record for either league. The next highest in either league is Frank Thomas who won the Al award eight times and the next highest in the NL is only six held by Georgie Foster, PETE ROSE!!!, and Dale Murphy.

More AMAZING STUFF
5 time San Francisco Giants Player of the Year
14 time All-Star
7 Time Baseball America NL All-Star
3 Time Major League Player of the Year
3 Time Baseball America MLB Player of the Year
12 Time Silver Slugger Winner for NL Outfielder
Led Major Leagues in home runs 2 times
Led the NL in batting average 2 times
Led the NL on base percentage 8 times
Led the Major Leagues in slugging percentage 6 times
Led the Major Leagues in extra base hits 3 times
Led the Major Leagues on base percentage 4 times
Led the NL in runs once
Led the NL in RBI's once
Led the NL in walks 9 times
Led the NL in intentional walks 10 times
Led the NL in runs created 5 times
Led the NL in games once
Led the NL in extra base hits 3 times
Led the NL in at bats per home runs 7 times
Led the Major Leagues in batting average in 2002 with an average of .370!
3 Time NL Hank Aaron Award Winner

#1 in HR. #3 in Runs. #5th in RBI. #35 in road to 3,000 Hits. #2 in Extra Base Hits, # 2 in times on base. #4 on total bases.

He has also played some defense
8 Time Gold Glove Winner for an NL Outfielder

Listed #6 on Greatest Players of all time in 2005.

He rates 350 on the Hall of Fame monitor (100 is a good HOF number)

All that, and he still cheated.
I can understand some guy, five years in the minors, always on the fringe, using something to give him an edge. Barry had it all. With or without, he would have been one of the greatest. And he cheated. 50 years from now, his name may still be in the record books. When his name is mentioned anyone outside of San Francisco will call him a cheater and a jerk. Hank will always be a legend. As will Roger Maris. Barry will have every record he ever wanted, probably be in the hall of fame, will always be regarded as one of the best that ever played the game, and yet will never have an ounce of respect from anyone. In recent years he has turned more people off of baseball than on and has tarnished not just his legacy but that of baseball as a whole.

Good going Barry.

Is it merely a coincidence that he reached all of those single-season records in his last 9 seasons, and none of them in his first twelve (when he was younger and, presumably, more likely to be in his prime)? I'm not saying the guy isn't a great player... but, man, that's real fishy.

What truth? Your truth or his truth? I live here I see it more than anyone on the east coast...Lets see the Sharks actually made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs how far did your team make it?hmmmm

Truth hurts eh

Not going to PPUSA this year unfortunately...

Bear

:cry: Aw man, I was totally looking forward to seeing you!!! Bummer... Well that means I'll just have to call and see how you're doing...

Don't knock my boys - I'm a little ticked, they f'n changed their colors and my car is Caps blue.... But a pal is going to hook me up with some new gear...

As much as I freakin' hate 'em, with the additions of Gomez and Druire, the Rangers are going to be a force to reckon with - I hope Jagr chokes... bastard...

I'd root for Bonds if I could find sand deep enough to bury my head in. Being from Chicago, had Sosa done something like this I'd have been extremely embarrassed. The real home run king showed tact and grace tonight, two things Bonds is lacking. Here's to Hank for setting a positive example and reminding many of us that although the scumbags like Bonds will have their moment in the sun, its the true legends that make the game what it is.

I couldn't have said it better myself! I'd like to add, piss on Barry Bonds, he's nothing to MLB. I can't believe people actually take this clown seriously. :rolleyes:

~Brian~

Don't knock my boys - I'm a little ticked, they f'n changed their colors and my car is Caps blue.... But a pal is going to hook me up with some new gear...

...and a new paint job to boot? :lol: I hear Red Wings red is all the rage these days...

Are you serious? Didn't they just get new uniforms a few years ago or so? And what colors could they possibly switch to? They're the WASHINGTON Caps... red, white and blue is kinda their thing... guess that explains why nobody likes the Nationals... ;)

Glenn, that's true. You can hit it a few extra feet. Some studies/predictions are that it would influence only a few. As guys like Bonds, McGuire, and Sosa rarely had homeruns that barely made it over the warning track. Their homeruns tended to be crushed quite strongly. Though I doubt any more so than Babe Ruth.

Check out the latest issue of SI with Barry on the cover. There is a tracker of every year and in Barry's own words in his 73 dinger year:

"I can't explain it. Balls that I use to line off the wall are now jumping out of the park."

The prosecution rests. :saint:

I agree that Bonds has an amazing talent, steroids or not. To me, what Aaron or Babe Ruth did back in the day was immensely more impressive then what Bonds has done. If you take away the steroids, players today have access to much better equipment. Better bats, balls etc...not to mention that the fences were much farther back many years ago. Again what Bonds has accomplished is no easy feat, however I think the legends of the game deserve much more respect.

Ignorant rant*

Ignorant rant? What more is there to say about Bonds Bear? Do you honestly think Bonds deserves the same respect as Aaron or Ruth? If he'd honestly came by his power naturally, then I'd be all for him breaking the record by all means. The bottom line is, that he didn't and everyone knows it, including himself. Ignorant rant? The way I see it, I've already wasted too much of my life thinking about Bonds replying back to your posts.

~Brian~

Ignorant rant? What more is there to say about Bonds Bear? Do you honestly think Bonds deserves the same respect as Aaron or Ruth? If he'd honestly came by his power naturally, then I'd be all for him breaking the record by all means. The bottom line is, that he didn't and everyone knows it, including himself. Ignorant rant? The way I see it, I've already wasted too much of my life thinking about Bonds replying back to your posts.

~Brian~

It was the way you worded it, very ignorant imo. Who are you to say Piss on Bonds? he still hasn't been convicted of anything but people keep continuing to hammer him because he is a major asshole, it is a downfall to our society...The fact is he is one of the greatest baseball players to ever play the game with or without steroids.

That plus I added an asterisk for you *

It was the way you worded it, very ignorant imo. Who are you to say Piss on Bonds? he still hasn't been convicted of anything but people keep continuing to hammer him because he is a major asshole, it is a downfall to our society...The fact is he is one of the greatest baseball players to ever play the game with or without steroids.

That plus I added an asterisk for you *

In all honesty, I don't know if he's an asshole off the field or not. I'm simply basing my opinion on media coverage and the fact that steroids have never been watched closely in major league baseball. Plus, look at his size compared to your average MLB player. Common sense tells you that he's pumped full of something. He's for sure not the only one using them either, but he happens to be the homerun king in the spotlight. By the way, he won't be convicted of anything as long as MLB players are allowed to use whatever supplement, steriods, etc. to enhance their strength. The bottom line is, you're a San Francisco resident/Bonds' fanboy, so continue to bask in all your glory, while the rest of us live our regular lives here on planet earth. :lol:

~Brian~

In all honesty, I don't know if he's an asshole off the field or not. I'm simply basing my opinion on media coverage and the fact that steroids have never been watched closely in major league baseball. Plus, look at his size compared to your average MLB player. Common sense tells you that he's pumped full of something. He's for sure not the only one using them either, but he happens to be the homerun king in the spotlight. By the way, he won't be convicted of anything as long as MLB players are allowed to use whatever supplement, steriods, etc. to enhance their strength. The bottom line is, you're a San Francisco resident/Bonds' fanboy, so continue to bask in all your glory, while the rest of us live our regular lives here on planet earth. :lol:

~Brian~

Your just one of the sheep, you follow and bash without making your own informed opinion just like about I would say 75 % of the Bonds haters, you read what is written and thats it.

I look at alot of Baseball players that are bigger at 35 than they were at 23, same goes with Hockey players, Football players and Basketball players, thats what happens when you grow up and get older.

Call me a fanboy, I just to look at all the sides. I think Mark Maguires first home run record should be looked at as well, he was way way way bigger than Bonds ever was. For your record I believe that Bonds took something, not sure what it was and I doubt it was injected by needle since he despises drugs and alcohol. I would love to see how many baseball players have been on PHD over the years I bet the numbers are way way more than anyone thinks. Anyways this is pretty old, have a fun day on the planet I don't apparently live on.

Bear

Your just one of the sheep, you follow and bash without making your own informed opinion just like about I would say 75 % of the Bonds haters, you read what is written and thats it.

I look at alot of Baseball players that are bigger at 35 than they were at 23, same goes with Hockey players, Football players and Basketball players, thats what happens when you grow up and get older.

Call me a fanboy, I just to look at all the sides. I think Mark Maguires first home run record should be looked at as well, he was way way way bigger than Bonds ever was. For your record I believe that Bonds took something, not sure what it was and I doubt it was injected by needle since he despises drugs and alcohol. I would love to see how many baseball players have been on PHD over the years I bet the numbers are way way more than anyone thinks. Anyways this is pretty old, have a fun day on the planet I don't apparently live on.

Bear

Bear, I had my opinion formed of Bonds several years back and by following baseball for a significant number of years. I'm not sure how else I'm suppose to form any opinions of athletes that are across the country from me. I agree that players bulk up after getting older, being trained by professionals, etc., but both Mark and Barry grew into monsters. I also agree with you that Mark's record is bogus as well. I don't hate bonds, because I don't know the guy. With that said, I don't care for him as a player and the idea that he owns the homerun record now. He's not the only one in MLB I don't care for, believe me.

On a totally different note, I respect one of San Francisco's own and hold him as one of the best football players of all time, Joe Montana. I'm a big Jerry Rice fan too, but I hated to see him leave the 49ers. Now Jerry is a remarkable athlete. It's amazing how he's held up with age!

~Brian~