Building myself a Studio Desk

Looks great man, came out really well! Don't you find those monitors to be a bit narrowly spaced though?

You know, this turned out a lot better than I expected. I still would prefer to have the racks on either side and space between them in the middle for the screen/control surface/midi keyboard/etc., but this isn't half bad! Get some monitor stands and you're set!

monitor stands and a new mouse pad:lol::lol::lol:

Desk looks ACE man:headbang:

Thnks everybody :) and new mouse pad?? hell no !!! That one is legendary haha. And i will put the monitors on stands :)
To bad i cant wall mount my LG monitor??? Hopefully my back wont kill me after a couple of hours.

Another spider :eek: ??? Haha that one almost emptied my bank account haha

cheers

Looks awesome man!

Care to share plans:heh:

Well we didnt make any plans just a sketch. It is a 10rack unit. the top of the desk measure 70cm and the top of the monitor shelf measures 90cm, and with those numbers we got the angle of the rack units. the desk is about 105cm wide.

I'll post a picture when the monitors are on stands in a couple of days.

What do you mean?? Any links??
I googled it, and it looks like ordinary wall mount kits etc. But the problem is that there is no screw holes at the back of the LG screen, or have i missed something??

cheers

Yeah, vesa mount. It's a universal standard mount should fit just about any LCD (I'm going to call it that so not to confuse the term monitor). Just search google for a vesa mount and the LCD model.

Usually covered by a plate that clips off or is under that actual stand. If you take the stand off you should see something like this:

http://www.ergoindemand.com/about_VESA_standard.htm

if you don't then you're pretty unlucky, I can remember seeing too many LCDs without them.

Crappy mobile pictures, but this is how it look with the monitors on stands:

desk8.jpg

desk9.jpg

thnks guys :)

Yeah i went with black finish with oak strips on the sides. I think the desk fits perfect with my oak floor, and the size of the desk is perfect for my small control room. and best of all.. i cant see any cables anymore :)