COBOT: the Album

dave100

Oct 9, 2007
Deadline: October 15th(ish)

COBOT : The Album Vol III

• If you want to participate post that you do, please make sure you are committed.
  • Compose one song that will go on to the album.
  • Record the song.
  • Remember to keep your status updated by posting what stage you are at.
  • A deadline will be set later on when we are close to finishing.
  • PM the song to me. Don't forget to name it.
  • Last of all thanks to everyone who is going to join in, I am hoping this will be epic!
  • Suggestions are welcome!

The art of uploading: Archive all your separate instrument tracks along with your session or a sample of how the tracks fit together into one archive and upload it. If you are going to mix/master yourself just upload the track.​

Participants

Dave
Warheart
Flappy
Necromancer
Lowberg
Mystique
Ensi
COCOB
The Butt/LordAbortion
Eddy
The Kid
JayWalker
Enmity
Zirkonflex
JmBullet
Shadowsoul

OPEN

I'm going to add colour coding to your names to keep track of things. Please post when you are at a certain stage.
Composing - Self explanatory
Composed - Composed but have not started recording.
Recording - In the process of recording.
Recorded - Finished recording but not mixed/mastered.
Completely finished - Mastered by Lowberg or yourself.

Teh Skillz
These guys can help you with certain instruments if they agree.
You must write their pieces for them unless you and the person agrees otherwise.

Lowberg- Drums (also mixing & mastering). You must write the drums out in midi for him (use GP).
Warheart-Guitar (Rhythm/Lead).
Crazychris-Singer. (Check with him what type of singing he does).
DHG- Keyboard sounds. (Enhancing your song).
Fetzer - Keyboard sounds/leads/solos.
Flappy - Guitar (Rhythm/Lead).
COCOB - Guitar (Rhythm/Lead).
Delanoir - Guitars/Vocals
Ensi - Drums Details, Bass (GP tab is a must), Guitar, Minor editing, Evil voice! PM him.
TheKid - Vocals/Guitars (Rhythm)

Album Art
It would be cool to involve people on here who don't play instruments so i thought why not have an album artwork.

Come up with an album artwork for the front and back.
Just use temporary names for the time being.
Thanks to all who give it a shot.

Keep checking the first post for updates!

COBOT : The Album Vol I

COBOT : The Album Vol II

Don't worry about the time limit i i expect it all to take a while (longer than the forum jams). I'm glad you guys are liking the idea :kickass:

I would be up for providing programmed drums If people send me a guitarpro file with midi drums, i wont program them FOR people but if they write them out in guitar pro i can easily provide them with realistic sounding drum tracks.

I would also be up for mixing/mastering but people would have to send me their individual instrument tracks, and i don't know if we could get people organized enough to do it.

Maybe Nick could create a post for you after the first post so you can keep track of things? Or people could request for a drum track and i will put it in the first post under the heading drum track or something?

id like to join,but could i participate after 11 of november cause i have these uber major STUPID exams RAGGEEE have to put alot of guitar playing on hold,but id really like to participate :)

id like to join,but could i participate after 11 of november cause i have these über/ueber major STUPID exams RAGGEEE have to put alot of guitar playing on hold,but id really like to participate :)

when trying to sound cool, at least be cool :p:cry:

i thought it just meant very major,well that was what i was trying to mean...and i wasnt tryin to sound cool... ???

I don't think it will be finished by then because first people will have to compose make their backing tacks record etc.

I would be up for providing programmed drums If people send me a guitarpro file with midi drums, i wont program them FOR people but if they write them out in guitar pro i can easily provide them with realistic sounding drum tracks.

I would also be up for mixing/mastering but people would have to send me their individual instrument tracks, and i don't know if we could get people organized enough to do it.

Nice, this could at least save me some time. Allthough if I have enough time ill record real drums, but it will be hard

My computer is going to be too shit to record so if i download guitar rig what would i need to use (as in hardware) so my guitar would record on my brothers computer?

I'd be up for this! I'm not sure how much time i'll have, but i'm sure i'll be able to squeeze something in. I'm not that good with programming stuff to make it sound professional, but i can make it sound decent. Look in my sig to see how my songs sound. :D

if im right all you need is some software like reaper,then just have one of those guitar jack converter that changes the HUGE guitar input jack into a headphone size jack then just connect it into the comuter input(or mic input) jack

I'd be up for this! I'm not sure how much time i'll have, but i'm sure i'll be able to squeeze something in. I'm not that good with programming stuff to make it sound professional, but i can make it sound decent. Look in my sig to see how my songs sound. :D

wow marc for a guy who has been playin since 2006 its amazing :headbang: and your stickin to micheal angelo batio im guessing ??