Controversial opinions on metal

New Bring Me the Horizon is good. New Darkthrone is self-satisfied tripe.

inb4buttrage

Well I obviously wouldn't listen to Bring Me The Horizon but I agree about new Darkthrone.

EDIT: Leave No Cross Unturned was a fun song though.

This is all true. I'll try something more controversial:

Urfaust is overrated.

I agree with that sentiment. I listened to Urfaust in the past and I just couldn't understand how anyone could find their work enjoyable.

40 Watt Sun's The Inside Room is an utterly monotonous bore.
As far as doom releases of 2011 goes, Drudging The Mire by Murkrat completely mops the floor with it. Not to mention Esoteric's Paragon of Dissonance.

Yeah, I didn't say they weren't good. Also, I should have probably said that Geist ist Teufel is overrated. I liked the new album better personally.

Well, it can hardly be called a perfect album, in light of that 15 minute outro track which is reminiscent of Burzum's "Tomhet" in how tedious and meandering it is.

its fucking stupid to compare 40 watt sun to a funeral doom band

"As far as doom releases of 2011 goes..."

If you were to make a top 10 of the best doom metal albums of 2011 would it be fucking stupid of you to include Esoteric and Murkrat alongside 40 Watt Sun in your list? Further, would it be fucking stupid of you to rank one higher than the other?

No, of course not. So what's your statement about again?

Nigga%20_81ad7189558546791c926bc3053d0474.jpg

"As far as doom releases of 2011 goes..."

If you were to make a top 10 of the best doom metal albums of 2011 would it be fucking stupid of you to include Esoteric and Murkrat alongside 40 Watt Sun in your list? Further, would it be fucking stupid of you to rank one higher than the other?

No, of course not. So what's your statement about again?

I love Murkrat. Good you mentioned it.

Old Slayer isn't really overrated, it actually is and was as good as people think. Their first album is a more enjoyable spicing up of NWOBHM than Kill Em All is.