Dave Isberg.......

dave and anders, what are your favourite tracks on the, lack of a better expression "post-you" opeth albums??

btw mike, where does portnoy stand on this new project?

cheers

thanx dcat, yeah I´m better now...I guess we all have to walk down that path when
dear family members passes away. you know it´s gonna happen sooner or later and in my case we knew it would happen, but you´re really never prepared for it even if you think are...:cry:

@Andrea, I hear you :cry: well we all commit mistakes right?
even if the price for our mistakes is high and we loose friends,
but maybe the true friends that we have understands...and we should put more value in those that are left...
btw, are you Argentinan?? :D

Micke!!
I just came back from São Paulo but I´ll write you soon for sure...
how was it in Sörskogen??
I just have to come home this summer, I can´t stand it anymore! :D

David!! haha här has det bra vettu. hur har du det dá din disk jocke? :D
är du fortfarande DJ??
va?? nackabussen...oj oj oj ...det var länge sen haha
jag kommer hem i sommar sá kanske vi kan ta en bärs, gillar du Brahma??
det gör jag ocksá, det blir lite för mycket ibland bara haha
sá, snart f´r jag välja, cykling eller Brahma....´d det lutar mot Bramhan haha

@Andrea, I hear you :cry: well we all commit mistakes right?
even if the price for our mistakes is high and we loose friends,
but maybe the true friends that we have understands...and we should put more value in those that are left...
btw, are you Argentinan?? :D

Why! Thanks for your words and yes, that's the way I think really...I guess for some people it is hard to understand something when they haven't experienced it and therefore take it personally. It is hard to describe what goes on in one's own mind sometimes and not even the closest people often understand.

SIIIIIIIIII, soy argentina, fellow latin american!!! I live in New Zealand and HATE the weather we've been having lately here!:mad: I am going home in March hopely for some home warmth :).

I was wondering, do you still play drums? If you don't mind me asking, Brazilians are well known for their drumming and was wondering if you kept practicing and adding a latin flavour to your playing or just left it altogether for your bike? hehe

Thread keeps getting better!

seeing this thread has become "all things ex-memberish" i was just thinking, god i wish there was a way we could get mr. Lopez on here. an update on his health and his project would sure be nice. not hoping for much but hey..i didnt hope for much when i posted the first post in this thread and look wat happned!

seeing this thread has become "all things ex-memberish" i was just thinking, god i wish there was a way we could get mr. Lopez on here. an update on his health and his project would sure be nice. not hoping for much but hey..i didnt hope for much when i posted the first post in this thread and look wat happned!

Lol, yeah, that whould be great but, honestly, I don't think that's gonna happend... :(

Well, we have Mikael, Andrew, David... And that's great. :)

So after David told me that he was willing, I decided to ask some questions on behalf of you guys.... the fans. He’s really busy currently and is giving me stuff a little bit at a time.

David is definately still a big fan of the band and has attended several of their European shows. I asked him to give me his take on each record… below is something to hold you guys for a bit.... as you can tell this is written by him and in his own words.

Opeth: Record by Record pt. 1

Orchid: This album is a treasure of traces of my influences on Mike´s songwriting. Both musically and lyrically. Musically alot of the songs contains parts since day one of when I took Mike into the band (especially The Forest Of October). The album has a little lame production which makes some of the songs looses a bit of power. Still I was very impressed when I first heard the result and very proud of what Mike did to the band. The only dissapointment was that I was missing out on some of my favourite parts that were dropped for several reasons.

Morningrise: Due to this fact I was shitting in my pants the first time I put Morningrise in my cdplayer. With Advent containing most ofd the parts I missed on Orchid and recognising some of the best melodies we ever did in the early nineties an d some of the best parts we might ever do at all ( I do write this in we form as this music mainly was written when I was in the band). It went on with some of the best songs I ever heard and even to this very day To Bid You Farewell will be my ultimate Opeth experience. I do listen to this album very often. On the re-issue there is a bonus song that was written by me & mike & peter lindgren and the lyrics by me. The version you can hear is not sung by me and Mike did som rearrangements with the lyrics. Some people have beeen asking me about the specific words but as I don´t have trhe original I need one of the old reheasal tapes were I sing to take it back out and print it on paper. To be honest I just remember a few lines (I did write a few hundred lyrics more after that, a book etc).

My Arms Your Hearse: At this point Mike took a yet further step with Opeth. After the departure of Anders Nordin and Johan de Farfalla he took it all a step further. With the brutality of Demon Of The Fall, the beauty of Credence & the magic of April Etheral Mike proved the band with the Ultimate album. Even though Morningrise will be my favourite album for all time I must say this is truly a masterpiece. For the first and only time in his life Mike surprised and impressed me on several parts of the record. A great job containing many of the fans absolute favourite songs.

Still Life: Except for the fact that Face of Melinda sounds more Alice In Chains than Alice In Chains did on their last album this is the most Opeth sounding Opeth album... In my opinion this Album points out everything Opeth ever been. With the nine minute opus Moonlight Vertigo as top tune, Mike proved the world that the band finally found itself. I believe this is the most underestiminated record since it was released by Peaceville and not marketed good enough in my eyes. Even som e people being fans hasn´t heard it because it´s been hard to find in some countries. Shame on them.

Blackwater Park: I must be the only person in the world considering Harvest as the weakest song ever written by the band (well except maybe som things we wrote in 1990...). And they keep on playing it live, which gives me reasons to visit the bar every time... The Leper Affinity is something near the anthem of the band. With that song beside powerful numbers like the title track and the Iron Maiden inspired saga The Drapery Falls there was not a question there popularity were raising. Eventually finding a proper manager in Any Farrow they were touring for real at last. And the triumph were proved when they finally toured the states with our old heroes in Paradise Lost as support act...

Obviously more to follow… :saint:

Cheers guys!

Except for the fact that Face of Melinda sounds more Alice In Chains than Alice In Chains did on their last album this is the most Opeth sounding Opeth album...

:lol:

I must be the only person in the world considering Harvest as the weakest song ever written by the band (well except maybe som things we wrote in 1990...).

I like all of their songs but, for me, this is one of the weakest songs (Perhaps the weakest) they've ever written. :Smug:

Thanks for the interview, Mr Samsara. :p

Morningrise:With Advent containing most ofd the parts I missed on Orchid and recognising some of the best melodies we ever did in the early nineties an d some of the best parts we might ever do at all ( I do write this in we form as this music mainly was written when I was in the band).

wow... didnt know that one.

this is fucking awesome mr. s, keep it coming! and thanks to dave for taking the time just for us fans:loco: