Dave Isberg.......

Mikael Åkerfeldt;5780743 said:
It's not a solo album, I don't know where that came from. It's myself and Wilson finally hooking up to see if we got some cool vibes going or not. He's hopefully coming to my house soon for us to write a little.

I want to force myself into workaholic-ism instead of wasting time doing fuck all. I have a tendency when I come off tour to just slip right back into the slacker lifestyle I had before we started working so hard. Luckily my daughter prevents that as she wakes up early + I've got my own spot to write music again.

I feel really psyched about whatever I'm going to do musically, even though I haven't really advanced that much yet. I have a few great ideas for Opeth and a few for something else. For some reason when I pick up the guitar I play old murky blues licks...and that obviously is not what I want to do. With time I hope to be able to concentrate but as it is now I'm really psyched about something that hasn't surfaced yet. It's almost painful. Until I know what it is, I'll just play them ol' 12 bar blues lix!

Rock it fellas!
Mike

I have that same problem, except ill be trying to write a br00tal death metal piece, and it will turn into toggling the pedal to clean and playing some Opeth damnation style jams.

maybe thats a sign that i listen to a little too much opeth.

oh well ill raise a beer to that :kickass:

I have that same problem, except ill be trying to write a br00tal death metal piece, and it will turn into toggling the pedal to clean and playing some Opeth damnation style jams.

maybe thats a sign that i listen to a little too much opeth.

oh well ill raise a beer to that :kickass:

Or maybe a sign that your shouldn't force yourself to play music that doesn't come naturally.

Mikael - have some blues jams on the next CD, OK?

;)

^
True,
but i have some expectations to live upto,
in my town i (along with my band obviously) gave birth to the metal music scene,
We were the first ones to have the balls to get out there and fucking do it!

So i dont mind, raping my mind trying to write some br00tal'ic metal,
because im kinda writing for the side that doesnt want to go to a pub and listen to Lady Ga Ga all night, or Slim Dusty, or P diddy.
You see where im coming from?

that is fucking great... italian wines in the hands of the opeth first man ever!!!
i guess that big picture was shot in tuscany, where i know david has been in september... too bad i coouldn't get there, should have been fun! :D

Vivören;7862369 said:
I hate to repeat myself but... yes, indeed ett ynkligt makthungrigt miffo.

Din mor skulle kramat dig mera, Samsara.

I gave a friendly 2-day ban as a slap on the wrist. Someone please translate that for me so I can decide how long to ban him this time... unless I'm missing something. (Daniel? I'm looking at you)