Death Metal or Glam?

I think it's the complete opposite of that actually. Glam is commercial music and commercial music tends to die out once the next big thing comes along. Death metal is underground and has a cult following with people that really love that kind of music so it would be ignorant to say that they would just randomly move away from it.
True. Death metal/black metal will always be around. And real fans won't stop listening to it. When I was a teenager, some people used to tell me that I would "grow out" of metal in a few years. The were very wrong. One tends to listen to the music they grew up with for life, and metal is no different. It's not like you start listening to fucking Frank Sinatra or something once you reach a certain age. I'm almost 30, and I love extreme metal more than ever (started listening to metal at the age of 12).

I like death metal slightly better. Though the glam that I do listen to, I tend to like better than Death Metal. About the only glam bands that I like atm are 80s Pantera, old Skid Row, and Twisted Sister. All three of those bands are awesome.

I wouldnt consider Twisted Sister Glam... they are just metal... Besides in Glam you have to look like a good looking chick... Dee Snider is anything but... lol :lol: btw I met Dee Snider at my job one time... nice person... he came in to buy a diamond bracelet for his wife...

Poison: Unskinny Bop >> Glam

Twisted Sister: Burn In Hell >> Metal

We're not going to take it

no we aint going to take it

we're not going to take it anymoreeeeeeeeee

FUCK YOU!

Yeah. that was great

Mothers suck.

Dee Snider made everyone in the court room look like a bunch of idiots.

He did. I like his comment about Tipper Gore's dirty mind. It made me :lol:

What was the comment? I grew up in that era but do not remember the things Dee said at the PMRC thing... I wonder if Al Gore lost the election (other then it was probably stolen) because all metalheads who remember the PMRC or were of voting age dreaded the thought of her being First Lady and perhaps could influence AL to revive the PMRC again... :ill:

Glam metal is not real metal regardless being 'metal' imo. VH-1 thinks glam metal is real metal and uses it too make metal look ridiculous without actually going more in depth with underground 80's and 90's metal to demenstrate what metal music is.

Glam metal is not real metal regardless being 'metal' imo. VH-1 thinks glam metal is real metal and uses it too make metal look ridiculous without actually going more in depth with underground 80's and 90's metal to demenstrate what metal music is.

it's a real shame too, lots of great metal bands in the 80s