DESPERATELY Need some help with Superior Drummer

Dec 3, 2008
Hey all. So My bandmate just splurged and got us Superior Drummer but we honestly haven't the first idea how to use it. Before this we were using Guitar Pro 6 drums to play along with our guitar and bass tracks, but those drums sound like absolute shit and we heard that Superior Drummer was one of the best for metal.

But none of us has the first idea how the heck to work it. We can't use it for some reason with Adobe Audition, which is what we've used to put together ALL of our tracks so far. We tried it in Reaper, too, but it doesn't work with ANY of the .midi files we've saved from guitar pro (as in they just don't show up in the midi mixer of adobe audition and we have to hit the individual notes on the drums one by one and re-do all of our kits).

Is there an easy as hell way to record drums in superior drummer? Whenever I click on a drum in the graphical display, nothing happens..no sounds are made and nothing is recorded or anything...

How do you all use Superior Drummer? We really don't have any more money now to buy a different DAW or a MIDI device of any sort, so any free solutions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Do you honestly think there's such a big problem going on that the answer isn't in the manual and instead you have to ask keen hobbyists and professionals on here for a step by step guide of how to do something so straightforward? Read the manual dude.

Do you honestly think there's such a big problem going on that the answer isn't in the manual and instead you have to ask keen hobbyists and professionals on here for a step by step guide of how to do something so straightforward? Read the manual dude.

First of all I apologize if I wasted your time or anyone else's time, I was just looking for some assistance. I didn't even realize that my installation had come with a manual, but now I see one in the main Superior Drummer directory. So thanks, I guess I'll start reading it. If I have any questions I'll be sure to PM them to you just to be a pest (Kidding) :p