Dream Theater - Train of Thought

I like it. Glad they've pulled it off. Maybe I just had to get used to the more 'aggressive' style or something. don't care for the lettering on the booklet too much, but that's just bitching. Personable favourites up till now are This dying soul, In the name of God and Honour Thy Father.

I finally got my own copy of ToT. :D

So far I've listened it through once, so I'm still in the first impressions phase, but I like it. The Glass Prison flashbacks in This Dying Soul were nice and the "Blackened" bit was hilarious. ("Wait a minute...where have I heard this vocal rhythm bef...omg..." ;) )

I'm kind of disappointed that there was no Scarred or Voices on this one (just a little, though - I'm still digesting the whole thing. :) ). But still, it beats the hell out of 6DoIT. :D

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
i agree, the chorus in Endless Sacrifice is easily just as bad as the one in You not Me.

The thing about that chorus is that it seems totally out of place when it comes, but then the keyboard theme after it ties it all together. It has a really weird effect on the listener; I guess you have to ehar it to experience it. Anyway, I think that chorus is awesome.