Duran Duran enters the charts at number 3!

I've always liked the Duran Duran that I have heard. I just found out a couple days ago that this tune I kept hearing on our local pop station (yes I listen to all styles!) was the new Duran Duran (Sunrise)! I heard the tune originally like 2 months ago and was trying to find out who it was, loved it. I haven't heard anything else on the album yet though...

Great song, Awesome band.. they are the "good" side of 80s pop I believe. they had good music but not as shallow as some other chart-bands of their times!

Happy to see them back on the saddle!
(btw sSimon La Bonn was a volunteer in my country before he joined the band, he worked in a Kibbutz. so cool!)

MetalAges said:
I've always liked the Duran Duran that I have heard. I just found out a couple days ago that this tune I kept hearing on our local pop station (yes I listen to all styles!) was the new Duran Duran (Sunrise)! I heard the tune originally like 2 months ago and was trying to find out who it was, loved it. I haven't heard anything else on the album yet though...
The whole album is great. Try downloading a few songs first.

Folklore said:
Great song, Awesome band.. they are the "good" side of 80s pop I believe. they had good music but not as shallow as some other chart-bands of their times!

Happy to see them back on the saddle!
(btw sSimon La Bonn was a volunteer in my country before he joined the band, he worked in a Kibbutz. so cool!)
Yes. And there's an instrumental on the first album called Tel Aviv.

Like Soft Cell, Wham!, Erasure, The Communards or any of the other homosexual cum eating boy bands.
Bah, Duran Duran are feckin shite. I can't believe John is still posting these threads. :bah:
A serious question, honestly - John Silver:You post on UM all the time, but the ONLY band I've seen you say you like is Duran Duran. Do you like any metal bands at all? Or do you just like the crack on here?

No really John, I'm not taking the piss, even if I am steeped in ignorance. I really would like to know what extreme metal bands you like? Honestly? Really, the only posts of yours I've seen have been a)defending muslims and b)promoting Duran Duran. Fair enough, BUT, what attracted you to this place in the first place? What extreme metal bands are your favourites?

Stormwatch said:
Bah, Duran Duran are feckin shite. I can't believe John is still posting these threads. :bah:
A serious question, honestly - John Silver:You post on UM all the time, but the ONLY band I've seen you say you like is Duran Duran. Do you like any metal bands at all? Or do you just like the crack on here?
Duran Duran a "boy band"? You're crazy. Or, more likely, you've probably never heard an album of theirs.

They blow aways tons of metal bands on today's scene.

John Silver said:
Well like I expected the new album wasn't good as all that on the first listen. But there's atleast one classic mellow track in the olde Duran tradition. And they keep things interesting enough in some of the other songs as well. The cool thing though is, just like every other album they've made this one is different.

So how is this related with Iron Maiden?

Even a n00b knows that difference

Yes, I know there's a difference between Iron Maiden and Duran Duran, them being two different bands. Just fuck off now, you annoying twat.

John Silver said:
Yes, I know there's a difference between Iron Maiden and Duran Duran, them being two different bands. Just fuck off now, you annoying twat.

You're the annoying twat who's spamming the Maiden board by trying to promote some gay band.