Eating habits

Ha i love these threads, the gym rats pop up pretty quickly. I eat three or four meals a day and get into protein milkshakes every couple of hours. Heavy days i crave carbs like nothing.

7:30-8:00 Breakfast
- Ham and cheese sandwich
- Orange juice
- Goji berries

11:00 AM Second breakfast (*not always)
- Some sandwich

14:30 Lunch
- First course(vegtables, pasta, )
- Second course (fish, meat, chicken)
- Dessert

21:00 Dinner
- Starter (salad, ham, cheese...)
- Main course
- Youghourt / Fruit

Yesterday I got the results of my blood analisys and I have 254 Cholesterol, and the limit is 200. I should stop eating cheese and eat more fruit.

It varies from day to day.. i dont have any routines really; I eat when im hungry, or when my bloodsugar drops.

Breakfast only if I wake between 6-9 AM, else I skip it.

Dinner = Lunch = Meat+Potatoes, Sphagetti, Vegetables, soups, chinese stuff (a lot with chicken) and so on
I like cooking, but If I'm not in the mood to cook then just some kind of sandwich/toast or just a pizza (try to avoid it though)

There can be days were I'm hungry all the time, and there are days were I berely eat anything (very seldom though).
I think it's because I don't really have a daily rhythm (I rarely go to bed at the same time than the day before)

I yoyo a lot. Years ago when working out heavily I used to eat 5 to 6 times a day, meals usually involving a lot of oatmeal, chicken breast, protein shakes etc. That's when I was only a student and could afford the time and effort it took.

These days with the workload I'm on I'm lucky if I get to eat once per day. Had breakfast at 9pm last night. I usually confine my meals to lean steak with salad, salmon or chicken. Junk type stuff and candy gets thrown in every now and then when I'm running low on energy and need something on the go (as a song is bouncing in real-time or whatever).

So just a word up to you who are currently students or unemployed. Not every career choice will facilitate the idealistic 5 to 6 meal a day target, nor will it give you the time to work out hard every day.

Ermz, get some meal replacements into ya.
No, they aren't glamorous and wont be a substitute for a nicely cooked meal by a chef (but I guess if you wanted glamor you wouldn't be in the business of getting polish and then applying it to turds ;) )
Seriously, if you find you don't have the time to make anything decent, a meal replacement meal is 100000 times better than eating junk.

They are packed with vitamins, low in the stuff that makes junk food horrible for your body and keep you going quite well.
Just put some in a cup, put water in. stir and then drink. Literally all it takes. If you don't have time to do it during the day, first thing when you wake up, just throw some in a water bottle with water in it and whenever you need it, just open the bottle and drink, either throughout the day, or all at once, depending on your needs.
They cost $3.40 from Coles or Woolworths and considering they fill you up more than junk food and are significantly more healthy to boot, it's not a bad deal. Plus I can imagine just having some healthy shit in ya will help with extended periods of concentration with the line of work you do

Usually eat 5 times

Meal 1: 8 eggs
cereal
bannana
Yogurt

Meal 2: Whole wheat pasta
Vegetables
Cottage cheese

Meal 3: Rice
Beef, Fish, or chicken

Meal 4: Protein Shake
Oatmeal Bar

Meal 5: 8 eggs
cereal
Yogurt

Not a horrible diet, but you definitely need to mix in more fiber, fruits and veggies, chief. Eat some Kashi Go Lean cereal in the morning (10+ grams of fiber in one sitting) to help get your 25 grams you're supposed to get in a day or you can bet your sweet ass that you'll have some diverticulosis going on when you get over 40-50 years old.

On second thought, after seeing the picture of that great brown shark you posted in funny pics thread, and reviewing your diet a little more carefully, you're getting an okay amount of fiber but not as much as you should. Take it from me, that Kashi cereal will create some of the finest looking sharks you've ever seen.

Haha, yeah, I'd say my fiber content is good, seeing as how I eat 4-6 pieces of, again, 100% whole wheat bread a day, and my cereal of choice is bran flakes :D And I usually have V8 with my lunch :p

I've been on a low carb menu for 3 weeks now, and enjoying it thoroughly :) I've also lost 2 kg of weight and 3 cm from my waist, despite being unable to exercise fully due to a thigh injury.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-carbohydrate_diet

Here's my average daily food intake:

Breakfast (0 hours)

Scrambled eggs:
- 25 grams of dairy butter (melted into the pan)
- 80 grams of bacon
- 20 grams of other meat (meetwurst, ham, etc.)
- 3 eggs
- 40 grams of grated emmental cheese
- 10 grams of mayonaise (low carb)
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 3 dl of water

Total intake:
- 1048 kcal
- 54 grams of protein
- 1.6 grams of carbohydrates
- 93 grams of fat

Lunch (+5 hours)

- 25 grams of dairy butter (melted into the wok pan)
- 200 grams of meat (cow, chicken, salmon, pork)
- 125 grams of frozen vegetables (french, thai, chinese)
- 150 grams of very spicy & low carb meat sauce without monosodium glutamates (E62x)
- A big bowl full of vegetables: iceberg salad, cabbages, cucumber, tomato, feta cheese
- 10 grams of mayonaise (low carb)
- 10 grams of butter cheese (paprika & chili flavour)
- 5 dl of water

Total intake:
- 845 kcal
- 68.5 grams of protein
- 20 grams of carbohydrates
- 54.6 grams of fat

Supper (+10) hours)

- 85 grams of tuna in oil
- 100 grams of cottage cheese
- 20 grams of iceberg salad
- 4 dl of water

Total intake:
- 245 kcal
- 36 grams of protein
- 2.7 grams of carbohydrates
- 10.5 grams of fat

Daily total intake:

- 2140 kcal
- 158 grams of protein
- 25 grams of carbohydrates
- 158 grams of fat

And let me tell you, I've never felt this unhungry :lol: But the good thing is that, unlike high carb food, even when you're totally full, you never feel stuffed/bloated 8)

Eating hobits?! No, no...they have hairs on their feet.

haha okay I know, this joke was double fail :D

Double facepalm!
DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Marcus, the thing that changed my life was stop eating meat. My mood improved, my health improved, i lost around 40 pounds. Anyway...

at around 7.30am I eat some bread and butter or drink a fruits vitamin (bananas - that yellow fruit monkeys eat..is bananas in english too ? - milk, sugar and some other crap, maybe iogurt), or even drink some juice along with it.

at around 12.30am i have lunch, with some source of proteins (soy, beans or something), rice or pasta and some sallad

at around 6pm i get at home and drink lots of guarana, eat some bread and cheese or have lunch (usually pasta or soy or a sandwich with loads of sallad inside)

later, at around 10pm, i get some milk or iogurt and the sleep :p

Well, eating habits for me is weird because I eat quite a lot ( mostly due to some surgery, but anyway)

I do the same plan as Jevo but with just one course on each lunch/dinner.

What I've found is, when I eat some sugary things such as cocacola, chocolate, bananas, my sweat starts to get sticky and my whole mood is pretty chilled out, like with some in-vein joint or something :lol:

The happy balance for me is eating less meat ( it started to get worse digestions over time for me), more veggies ( the few I like) and starting again with the coffee habit.
When I quit coffee I start to get sleepy all day and I gain some weight.

Oh and saying bye bye to bread ;)

Double facepalm!

Jevo..do you know, what my girlfriend hates the most about me?

THIS kind of jokes :lol:

To be on topic...I only need some coffee in the morning, at about 12 o´clock midday I need something to eat, for example a nice sandwich with cheese and sausage. After I finished work..(about 8 p.m) I need a GIGANTIC menu and this is one of the day´s highlights. I really love eating..that´s a passion! And I love unhealthy eating the most...(I sometimes dream about the Pizza in the 42. street) No joke! :)

Ha i love these threads, the gym rats pop up pretty quickly. I eat three or four meals a day and get into protein milkshakes every couple of hours. Heavy days i crave carbs like nothing.

Actually I'm not a gym rat , I do all my workouts at home. Got a Bowflex and P90X , plus some dumbells , resistance bands , jump rope and heart monitor watch , don't need any more than that. I did belong to a gym for about 4 years , hated it. I'm in 10 times better shape than I was when I belonged to a gym. Plus I don't gotta worry about picking up some other dudes AIDS off the equipment:headbang:

I eat a LOT.. Well, whenever I can.

My stupid metabolism is so bonked up, I'll eat something and go runnin' to the bathroom 15 minutes later to shit it out, resulting in me being hungry again >:/

Also when I don't eat I turn into a sniveling bitchmonster from fucking hell.