Essence of Progression Tour 2009 - Post Your Pictures, Videos, Reviews Here

This is the first time since I've been attending Threshold gigs where I've seen some kind of stage show going on, other than the guys performing on stage. Loving the back drop and how the split T is being used. Is it a screen on which videos are played or stills?

It's a screen. I thought it looked really cool! Especially during "Pilot in the sky of dreams".

This is the first time since I've been attending Threshold gigs where I've seen some kind of stage show going on, other than the guys performing on stage. Loving the back drop and how the split T is being used. Is it a screen on which videos are played or stills?

It's a screen on which videos are played, there are also videos of the guys mixed in with the other images. Looks very cool.

Well friends, I was yesterday at Threshold's gig @ Firlej, Wrocław. Small venue, crowd of about 100-150 people. Audience seemed to have heard Threshold for the first time, only couple of guys knew some lyrics and songs, but even though the event was fantastic. Being so close to the band (and Damian whom I concern the one of the greatest metal/rock voices ever) sent shivers down my spine.

Show started with some sound problems (completely unheard keybords and rythm guitar), but after "Stop dead" everything was okey. And honestly I didn't know that Damian is so charming, he complimented Polish women and when singing "Pilot in the sky of dreams" he came to one of the gals in the first row, looked straight into her eyes and singed "Now I’m in entranced, you possess my full attention..."
She looked totally amazed and somewhat confused but till the end of the show she stared at Damian as though he was living God :)

I also had "physical contact" (my girlfriend says that i musn't wash my clothes ;) with Damian, when he was returning to the stage after short walk in the audience, he leant on my shoulder and using it as his aid he jumped on the stage.

It was amazing feeling to be there, hopefully the band thinks the same, even though people didn't sing a lot. And well, I think I saw Iris0367 in the crowd - was it you? :) Have you been kissed by Damian (just like couple of other girls... ;))) ?

Monday night at the backstage in munich...
It was the hell of a gig - in a positive and a negative way.
First the good one: Damian Wilson was simply stunning - he IS the man. "the art of reason" was simply unbelievable. he's got such a powerfull unique voice and his stageacting is lots better than mac's.
The band overall played very well - but,

and now for the negative aspects: it was way to toud, especially both guitars - the result was that richards keys sometimes were just not there. Just for the record - there's no wimp speaking.

Only around 100 people were there and the two openers, especially the first one (Spheric Universe Experience) had a bad sound and there songs sounded simply "unfinished". "Serenity" from our neighbours in Austria were better in all concerns, but I didn't like their material - it was this typical melodic metal with some medieval melodies and those -pardon me- very simple refrains and lyrics.

After the show I had a little chat with Damian Wilson - he is a really nice guy!

looked straight into her eyes and singed "Now I’m in entranced, you possess my full attention..."
She looked totally amazed and somewhat confused but till the end of the show she stared at Damian as though he was living God :)

Yes, that's Damian. He IS a living god! And he's always very charming! (was also kissed by him) but I fell in love about two years ago after a Stream of Passion concert. Till today he's my favourite singer ans I hope that tomorrow the show will be brilliant!
I will shoot some pics and load them up asap

Greets
Conny

And well, I think I saw Iris0367 in the crowd - was it you? :) Have you been kissed by Damian (just like couple of other girls... ;))) ?

No, that can't have been me, I wasn't at the Wroclaw gig; would have liked to go, but somehow work always get's in the way of pleasure ;)

Perhaps I'll see you somewhere on the next tour :)

Been to see Threshold lately as well, and it was just great! I liked especially the fact that the setlist was so different to previous gigs. But where was The Whispering? Wasn’t that one of the announced epics?
The video screen looks well cool and adds another dimension – but at a Threshold gig there is already lots to look at, methinks.

Thanks to you who shared all those great pics, but would have hoped to see some more? I guess they are still to come. :)

This thing with Johanne was a practical joke... they grabbed him and pretended they want to throw him into the audience :)

Last night's gig in Verviers was another incredible evening of great music and lots of fun! Iris and I got to the Spirit of 66 early and were let in by a very kind man named Richard West to watch and listen to the soundcheck. Great fun! Setlist was the same again. We especially enjoyed Johanne's live entertainment, I think my jaws are still hurting from laughing so much. Looking forward to tonight's gig in Zoetermeer, it should be a party!!

Astrid

Cooking dinner, eating and then off to Zoetermeer myself!

Unfortunately will have to walk to the venue from the trainstation, cos I can't afford another public transportation ticket :p I'm gonna suffer a personal drought at the venue as well. My bank account is completely drained atm, but I'm still gonna enjoy my evening. BDTM is gonna have to accept my IOU on the beer :p

The gig yesterday in Verviers another incredible - indeed!
Got some videos!

So I traveled 300km one way and it was worth it! Thanks Astrid and Iris! *waiting for your pics*
And I really would like to see more and more, but there's always something that's between all this fun.
Thanks for the guy that offered me a coke right after the gig. The whole gig was so awesome that I was shaking and nearly had a breakdown after it...but he saved me :)

So I'm looking forward to the upcomming album and the new live shows!
I hope the guys will come to the Rhein-Main Area, so I don't need to travel that far :)´

And of course a serenity Video!

Last edited by a moderator: