Essence of Progression Tour 2009 - Post Your Pictures, Videos, Reviews Here

Just echoing the other posts about last night.
Great performance,great choice of songs,cool venue,but too much bass drum and could bearly hear the keyboards!
Also,nice to meet FG afterwards!

I recognised a few forum members yesterday, I don't think anyone recognised me though as i've cut off my self-defining hair :(

It was my 5th Thresh concert yesterday and the only one where i wasn't able to stay behind to thank the band and ask a few questions. The next time round i'm going to organise a place to crash close to the venue so i don't miss out again. I was insanely jealous when i heard of Broken Logic's late night shenanigans! ;)

I would like to echo the thanks of Forgotten Glory; Consume To Live, Part Of The Chaos & One Degree Down were my personal highlights. The PITSOD video accompaniment looked very impressive, as did the chronological slideshow at the beginning of the set.

Wonderful night all round, can't wait to see BL's photos :headbang:

Were you at the London gig as well? Were you one of the two photographers who was making pictures throughout the show?

Hi there :) Yeah I was the one with dark curly hair. I did see you as at the front and I would have said hi but I didn't think you'd have had a clue who I am. I'm sorry if I kept getting in the way. I get a bit carried away when I photograph and forget there are people behind me watching. I did sit down every time I remembered I might be annoying people at the front!

The next time round i'm going to organise a place to crash close to the venue so i don't miss out again. I was insanely jealous when i heard of Broken Logic's late night shenanigans! ;)

Haha does that translate to "The next time round Laura better have a house sorted so I can crash at hers." ??? haha

It was a very bizarre but awesome night.

Hi there :) Yeah I was the one with dark curly hair. I did see you as at the front and I would have said hi but I didn't think you'd have had a clue who I am. I'm sorry if I kept getting in the way. I get a bit carried away when I photograph and forget there are people behind me watching. I did sit down every time I remembered I might be annoying people at the front!

So sad...you should have said hi. I would have 'recognised' you if you told me by which forum id you go by. Just so you know, you didn't get in the way at all. Actually, since you were using a digital camera, I wanted to ask you why you kept peeking into the small window instead of just looking at the screen. But since you didn't say hi, I thought it'd be better not to say anything!:) Howz that for broken logic?!

Somehow I feel I was the annoying one as I might have been impinging on your photography with the flash from my camera (I have a basic digital camera which is not very powerful without the flash in the dark). I hope I was not too much grief.

Also,nice to meet FG afterwards!

Did we briefly talk after the show behind the mixing board?

Very good photographs. I am jealous of the amount of white light. I could not for the life of me get a decent colour balance and Richard and Johanne were hardly lit at all. Even my lens for low light was struggling. :(

Thank you BrokenLogic. I know the light problem :) but even if the lighting situation is good, it's difficult to get good pictures of Johanne and Richard. :(

Some pictures from the London gig

091108_1.jpg

091108_2.jpg

091108_3.jpg

091108_4.jpg

091108_5.jpg

091108_6.jpg

091108_7.jpg

091108_8.jpg

091108_9.jpg

091108_10.jpg

091108_11.jpg

091108_12.jpg

I asked Damian about the DVD last night and apparently it's off because he's not happy about certain things.

I was stood right behind where the main camera was (when he wasn't moving) and it looked fairly good through his viewer although predominantly seemed to be close ups. I couldn't see the other main camera much which was mounted on a tripod to the left. There was also a small camcorder angled across the stage and I didn't see any others

I wonder if it would be a little early to have assessed the footage unless it was really bad - and what I saw wasn't. They left Zoetermeer about 0200 to get the ferry and as I saw one band member with what looked suspiciously like a bottle of champagne in his hand, I doubt there was much viewing between Zoetermeer and London. I guess time will tell

Was the poster back drop on purpose - a train spotter pictured with the devil???:heh:

It was intentional and not in the way you suggest! Threshold also appears on the poster. Originally I wanted to have Damian and myself sandwitching the band name but then I realised Damian would be standing too far from me. So at the last minute we ditched the idea and got into this friendly pose.

I was stood right behind where the main camera was (when he wasn't moving) and it looked fairly good through his viewer although predominantly seemed to be close ups. I couldn't see the other main camera much which was mounted on a tripod to the left. There was also a small camcorder angled across the stage and I didn't see any others

I think it had more to do with the audio than video. From what I think I gathered, Damian's mic got disconnected and no vocals where recorded for the period the mic was off. I also think he mentioned messing up some of the lyrics.

I suggested dubbing :D (I want a DVD right!) to which Damian smiled disapprovingly and said he's OK to use dubbing for cleaning up but not to replace from scratch.

Was the stage as tiny as it looks on the pictures? How did they manage to fit Serenity's gear on there too?