Evergrey's New Album: A Return to Form?

i think its in the eastern european tour thread, some guy posted an interview with Henrik, Jonas and Fredrik. One of the questions was: can you tell me something about the new album? and Henrik replied: we are trying to find back to the dark and heavy sound, but it`s still very early in the planning... Well that is good news! :kickass: Im very excited about the new album, hope we can hear more about the progress soon...

Henrik replied: we are trying to find back to the dark and heavy sound, but it`s still very early in the planning... Well that is good news! :kickass:

they said that aswell when writing MMA and that turned out to be their least dark album, also if i remember correct henrik also said the next album will be more guitar based? if evergrey get anymore guitar based than MMA then rikard might aswell not be in the band.....and to be honest MMA sounds so bad which i feel is partly due to the lack of keyboards that i really dont want to hear them with less keyboards

Dude right after inner circle was released they said the next cd will have a lot less keys. they also explained how they wanted to make it more accesiable and reach a larger audiance.

Dude right after inner circle was released they said the next cd will have a lot less keys. they also explained how they wanted to make it more accesiable and reach a larger audiance.

to me though they are narrowing their audience, before MMA i was able to get people who don't like metal to listen to evergrey and really like them but MMA is an album which only appeals really to people that are into metal and ive yet to hear anybody ive let hear that album say they like it but yet they all like the old evergrey albums....so really to me they aren't making their sound more accessible instead they are concentrating it more on the metal side of things which is in turn narrowing audience

PS: i know evergrey are a metal band but what they are doing is still narrowing their audience i feel