favorite bands with less than 5 albums?

Wrathchild America was once called Wrathchild. THey had to add the "America" part due to a UK band titled "Wrathchild." They changed their name to "Souls At Zero" due to reasons I don't really know. I am not trying to sound like a smart-ass. That is just the way I understood it. I really don't know as I never talked to them other than briefly.
Powermad.... what more can I say ? Badass !!!

Bryant

I saw Animal Bag back in '94, down here in Florida at a long running festival called Livestock. I'm not a big fan, but they were good live. As for Wrathchild Bryant, they carried on as Souls At Zero, after the 3-D album, because of another band already having the name. You and I keep pushing Powermad, and with good reason...they were fucking short lived, but oh so good!

They still had lawsuit problems after that, so they just went ahead and changed their name to be rid of the squabble.

Hell yeah. They suffered a little attention-wise, because of them coming out in the early 90's. I feel that the second wave of thrash was better than the first few, and Big 4. Bands like....Powermad, Wrathchild America, Forbidden, Heathen, Holy Terror, Sacred Reich, Violence, Flotsam-Jetsam, to name a few.

By the number of posts you've posted, Fhir, I'd say a "welcome to the UM forum" is in need! Welcome!!:kickass::headbang:

Dark Angel. Too easy, next question.

I would trade all of my vital organs if someone would keep me alive just long enough to hear Atrocity Exhibition once.

Time Does Not Heal and Leave Scars both suck major dick. Darkness Descends is the only worthwhile thing that band did

Anyway:
Toxik
ATG

Time Does Not Heal and Leave Scars both suck major dick. Darkness Descends is the only worthwhile thing that band did

:puke: Whatev. I like technical thrash.

I agree that nothing tops Darkness Descends, but I love Leave Scars as well. I like TDNH, but it does have a slight case of "...AJFA syndrome" (not too bad, but it could stand to be a tad faster and a tad shorter). I like We Have Arrived better; even though it's really raw it's classic, kick-ass thrash.

Anacrusis
Détente
Fear Of God
Forbidden
Hexenhaus
Ice Age (Zero also counts as "less than 5", doesn't it?)
Madder Mortem
Meanstreak
Midnattsol
Original Sin
Psychotic Waltz
Sacred Blade
Sacrilege (UK)
Stolen Babies
Toxik
Watchtower
Znowhite

np: Sacrilege - "Sight Of The Wise"

Great call on Forbidden there. I put them right along with Wrathchild America Coroner and Powermad as underrated thrashers.

Bryant

I have to add that I only have got their first two albums (and the "Raw Evil - Live At The Dynamo"-EP) and I've never felt enticed to check out what they released afterwards (because of the negative reviews I read).

Coroner, which I'm tempted to rank as my overall favourite thrash metal band, would definitely have deserved more recognition! Powermad were also a very good band.

As regards Wrathchild America, I can't comment on them, because I've never heard any of their stuff. I can only tell that they did a very good job when they performed with Dawn Crosby (R.I.P.) as Fear Of God in Europe in 1992. Unfortunately, I didn't see any of the few shows in Belgium and The Netherlands myself, but I've got a recording with five songs performed at the Aardschokdagfestival (which was aired on a Dutch radio station) and there's also a bootleg videotape of the show performed in Gent (a few clips from which can be found on youtube).

Coroner, which I'm tempted to rank as my overall favourite thrash metal band, would definitely have deserved more recognition!

I'm not tempted, I know for sure :worship:. But if we count "Coroner" (even if is a compilation) those are more than five albums.

Lost Horizon
Resurrection
Babylon Sad
Sanvoisen
Exorcist
Avantasia
Notre Damme
Solstice(US)
Massacre(US)
Wintersun
Nocturnus
Toxik
Watchtower
Xentrix
Lordi
Wotan
Sanctuary
Forbidden
Sabaton
Cynic
Distant Thunder
Sirenia
Cage
Unanimated
Crystal Viper
Morgoth
Velvet Viper
List is huge so there is no any sense...