• Terminal Spirit Disease

Votes: 31 16.4%
  • Slaughter Of The Soul

Votes: 127 67.2%

• Total voters
sots gets my vote
but tsd is extremely close behind
i guess the swaying vote has to do with sentimental value :D

Terminal Spirit Disease is good, but Slaughter of The Soul blew me away the first time I heard it...

I voted for 'The red in the sky is ours', though I haven't really heard much of either 'Gardens of grief' or 'Terminal spirit disease'.

I'm not usually much of a fan of more raw, less produced music, but TRITSIO is a rare exception, along with the awesome violion, and the somewhat more 'desperate' vocals, it just kills me. Plus, to me, that album is a little more melancholic and emotive than the others, and I'm always a sucker for emotion and melancholy :D.

Originally posted by Onde Erik
I'll throw in a vote for With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness. Raped by the Light of Christ alone makes that album a worthy candidate.

I have yet to hear Gardens of Grief, is it essential?
:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

Raped by the Light of Christ is by far the BEST song ever done by At The Gates

people who know me well,are aware of the fact that i have a problem with polls :D
so after much thinking i voted for "terminal spirit disease"....
but well i think i love all the at the gates releases in the same way....
hmmm "with fear....." maybe a bit less,cause it was rather hard for me to get into it
:rolleyes:

slaughter of the soul, because of these songs:
blinded by fear
slaughter of the soul
cold
under a serpent sun
into the dead sky
suicide nation
world of lies
nausea
need
flames of the end.
one of the few perfect albums EVER.
-neal

Originally posted by phyre
("OH! SET ME FREE! CRUCIFY LIFE ITSELF").
That part is VAST!!! The accompanying guitar melody is also total rapture... oh fuckin' yeah!

That song is probably my favourite ATG song, but I went for Slaughter, because as a whole album I think it's the best.

EDIT: I just found this forum, I always thought "The Departed" was some fuckin' band or so, never bothered to look... :lol:

I think that Slaughter of the Soul is indeed a perfect album. However, With Fear is still my favorite. I love Anders, but I think Alf is the reason why I side with With Fear. When he left, the sick discordant harmonies [I know that makes no sense] left as well. The guitar parts would roam, both separate entities, but symbiotically linked at the same time. Also, With Fear showcases ATG's most interesting drum/bass work. The Red laid the groundwork for this album, with songs like Kingdom Gone and The Scar, but there was just something missing: that something was found on With Fear.

But all ATG albums own \m/

Originally posted by neal
slaughter of the soul, because of these songs:
blinded by fear
slaughter of the soul
cold
under a serpent sun
into the dead sky
suicide nation
world of lies
nausea
need