Food ,drinks and sweets

DemonXeno

One with the ocean
Mar 13, 2005
here is a thread for different kinds of food,drinks and sweets . so lets get posting!

Hamburgers, rum, and beer. Never had much of a sweet tooth, though. Oh, and British pub grub. Ever had a Shepard's Pie?

it would be hard to imagine a bad Shepard's Pie. And you never answered OP's question, C. :rolleyes:

Sorry, shoulda been more specific. OP as in original poster, Xeno. Favorite foods, drinks, etc.

Well, as far as favorite drinks go, I'm basically a soda addict (dark sodas actually, I really don't care too much for the clear ones as they go flat rather quickly). I'm fond of the Coca-Cola Classic, but I also like that Cherry Dr. Pepper.

I'm also a chocoholic, I don't have to have it every day but I usually like to have something chocolate in the house for those moments when I need a choco fix.

Food-wise, I really love seafood. Fish, shrimp, lobster, crab...good stuff. I don't care much for clams or salmon, though. Sadly, since I'm really the only person I know who loves seafood, I don't get the opportunity to go to a lot of restaurants that specialize in it, as I don't really go do restaurants by myself. There's a lot of seafood I haven't tried yet and would like to (shark, for example, I have heard is very good).

Probably because of my (half) Mexican heritage, I'm also fond of good, homemade Mexican cooking. That is the one thing I miss most about living in L.A., there is a ton of great Mexican food places to eat there. The town where I live has Mexican restaurants too, but I have found them to be rather bland or just not very good. I'd say my favorite dish are tamales; they are the perfect food because you can eat them at anytime, with anything. :D

And yes, I also like shepard's pie. :D

Well, as far as favorite drinks go, I'm basically a soda addict (dark sodas actually, I really don't care too much for the clear ones as they go flat rather quickly). I'm fond of the Coca-Cola Classic, but I also like that Cherry Dr. Pepper.

Ew, Coca-Cola. I don't like Coca-Cola, Pepsi, or Dr. Pepper. I like Mountain Dew. I go crazy when I see new flavors of Mountain Dew in stores for the first time and end up buying it as soon as possible so I can try it out. I have tried almost all of the Mountain Dew flavors that have ever been on the market at any point in time. My favorite is Mountain Dew Livewire, an orange-flavored soda.

When I eat at places that don't have Mountain Dew as a soda option (most places don't have Mountain Dew), then I end up choosing Sprite or Root Beer.

I also drink energy drinks sometimes. I usually drink Red Bull, Monster, or AMP Energy, but I also try out energy drinks that I've never seen before in the past.

Favorite food : hmm very much anything as long as it doesn't have celery!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate celery!!!!!!! I am not the biggest fan of spaghetti also, but I don't feel the desire to ban it, like celery. :|

Favorite drink : Well I enjoy orange juice and iced tea. I also really enjoy the dark beers.

Favorite sweets : I want it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

I love all sorts of foods, but I have a real sweet tooth. Honestly, I think I could live on cakes and pastries. Well, perhaps not anymore since I got braces and I'll have to watch my diet from now on, hahaha.

@C: I can enjoy with some dips and in a smoothie or as part of a dish, but on its own it is really bland.

I can handle raw celery as a vehicle for cream cheese. When you cook it, it does turn evil unless you have the right balance with other flavors. A little bit of bitter in chicken soup to keep it from tasting too sweet with the carrot but not so much that you can identify celery works for me.

My main food love is potatoes. I love potatoes. And sweet things. Does anyone have any good cookie/cake/whatever recipes to share (if it's not outside of the scope of this thread, that is?).

I LOVE potatoes too! I could never go on a carb-free diet simply because I could never give up potatoes. Mashed, scalloped, baked, fried...I'll eat them in almost any form, except for potato salad. I really hate mayo.

And celery isn't so bad with peanut butter, but that's about as far as I'll go. :lol:

I don't have any good recipes, but I recently made some caramel brownies...sooo good!

You mean like Rice Krispie treats? Oooh, always a favorite at Christmastime!
yum.gif

I've never been able to try lamb!
sick0012.gif
My grandmother rented a room to an Arabian man for over 25 years, and he used to cook boiled lamb in the house from time to time, and the smell of it...well, it's hard to describe, but if you have ever smelled it, you won't ever forget it! And if you haven't...well, consider yourself lucky! ;)

I mean no disrespect by any means; maybe lamb is good, but the smell of boiled lamb turns my stomach so badly that I've never wanted to try it.

Now frog's legs, on the other hand, that's another matter entirely.
yum.gif
It's true when people say it tastes like chicken. They even look like little chicken wings when you fry them up, so you'd never know the difference. There's a place down the street from here that makes them, and they are so good! They also have alligator tail, but I haven't tried it yet. I usually eat the gumbo whenever I go there, so I keep meaning to give the alligator tail a try, but I never do. :(