For a bit of fun

Jul 26, 2006
Middlesbrough, England
Shall we try and predict the score for tomorrow nights little game?

I am of course referring to Football.....Not soccer, its football.
Where the USA meet England.

And if reports are true, Jenna should be supporting ABE Anyone But England.

I predict 2-0 To England

You would say that! :p

Anyways, I really could not give less of a shit about the World Cup. Between that and Big Brother, my telly is going to be collecting alot of dust this summer! However, I am supporting the USA in all this purely because that was the team my nephew picked for me in our family's sweepstakes so if they win, I get about £30! So...'Mon the Yanks! :D I'll say 2 - 1 to the USA.

I remember when I went to see Metallica in Italy at the Heineken Jammin' Festival. After the last support act, they stopped the proceedings to show the USA vs Italy match. WTF?? I paid to see bands play, not a sodding football match! The score was 1 - 1 which as James said was "a good score for both of us."

I am praying England go out there tonight and show the USA what real Football is :)

Besides I am celebrating my Birthday (9th June) and my 4th Wedding anniversary (10th June) and Englands first world cup game.

If the USA win I am bound to be arrested for drunk and disorderly tonight!
I have my white shirt with red cross of St George on it, I'll be draped in a St George flag, even my wife has an England shirt an England Hair band.

Sorry, just had to share this. :lol:

129208587406651659.jpg

Belated Happy Birthday and Anniversary, Timewarrrior2001!

Aye it was a very very very poor performance by England.
We had in goal the keeper that had not kept a single clean sheet through last year premiership season.

Still on the other hand, if it wasnt for our keeper nudging the ball over the line, all three points would have gone to England.

Then there was the second half, where It seemed the USA never ventured out of their own half and only the USA keeper kept the team in the game, pulling off a series of brilliant saves.

Still England have a lot to change if this performance was an indicator of their ability.

As for Scotland, where are your team this summer? ;) Oh yes thats right you didnt qualify did you?
Mind you it must have been a hard group, besides the Netherlands theres hardly another nation known for its football in that group!

Team MP W D L GF GA Pts
Netherlands 8 8 0 0 17 2 24
Norway 8 2 4 2 9 7 10
Scotland 8 3 1 4 6 11 10
FYR Macedonia 8 2 1 5 5 11 7
Iceland 8 1 2 5 7 13 5

I am of course referring to Football.....Not soccer, its football.

I totally agree! you Europeans have it right! You exclusively use your feet kicking the ball around! It one of the world's oldest sports and that's what it's always been called then here in America they invent a game called Football which is more running and holding the ball than actual kicking. Maybe that game should have been called Soccer instead!

I watched the game against Algeria last night.

I dont understand whats going on. Has England finally been brow beaten into having no pride? Where was the pride for those 11 men wearing their national shirt?

Its time the lot of them were sacked, especially Wayne Rooney who had the audacity to verbally attack the England fans who boo'd the team off the pitch.

:D That was funny about the France thing. I was in Lille, France just before the World Cup started and all the French tv folks were hyping it up good that France was going far into the games, but that didn't happen.:tickled:

...well, the USA had a run at it..but they got eliminated...2-1..Ghana is a good team.

Well once again England arent fit to lick the piss off their oppositions boots