GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1991

The fact that you think shes "ultra-literal" is amazing:lol:

Anyway, i have solid proof. But i wont put her on blast like that.

And i would definitely say shes not humorless, shes actually way funnier than you are.

edit: @HamburgerBoy Actually that's one thing you got right, she is indeed very literal. I thought you said "ultra-literate" for some reason :lol:

Last edited:
the fact that you think shes "ultra-literal" is amazing. :lol: Anyway, i have solid proof. But i wont put her on blast like that.

And i would definitely say shes not humorless, shes actually way funnier than you are.

Omni is very literal. She always got caught up in pedantic arguments over definitions and shit. She was funny in her own autistic way, but never funny when trying to be funny.

But if I'm wrong, hats off to her, she's showing great strides in overcoming her autism.

:lol: you guys are way too easy, i swear. It wouldn't take much for someone as smart as her to dupe the likes of you guys.

Actually that's a really fair point. She, by now, knows exactly how we view her and would know what to do to make us make these very same arguments.

and i think she has the good kind of autism, not the kind you have.

tenor (4).gif

talos is nowhere near as omnilike as elric, that's an insane assertion lol. talos can't be omni unless she's been to therapy and cured her deep rooted compulsion toward incessantly correcting anyone who's ever wrong about anything. even taste-wise talos is further away.

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Here are the last five Omni posts containing the word "wrong", in the context of a discussion:

To be fair, you thought that "A Sorcerers Pledge" was about a 1,000-year-old baby being born to a fake virgin and that it was off-topic for a theme about reincarnation and renewal, which is blatantly wrong. Based on that, I'm not sure why you're acting indignant about people not liking your song choice.

I would have downrated "The Call of Ktulu" if I didn't host the round that it was in. That might have been the laziest and most obvious pick ever. A ton of people tried submitting it, which proves that it was obvious. It's also less thematically relevant than "The Thing That Should Not Be" from my perspective and the title is spelled wrong for no real reason.

A style of music tending to be combined with music that isn't metal definitely isn't a good example of music that is more metal than other types of metal.

The fact that you could easily name an album without any assistance means that you knew you were wrong when you said that they never made any metal recordings.

There's a lot wrong with what @rms posted about there only being one way to play Dark Souls. I can't imagine thinking that only heavy two-handed weapon builds are viable because that's blatantly incorrect.

Also, if someone with magic is dying a lot, they're playing improperly. Watch better players if you want to base your opinions off of their gameplay.

Just look at the consistency in her style. Always looking for a fight, always looking for an end with her coming out victorious. Every sentence tries to define the parameters of the argument and then prove her opponent wrong within the confines of it. Strong use of dismissive terms like "blatantly", "obvious", etc.

Now compare Talos:

You're talking about the same guy who genuinely thinks the first albums he ever wrote with Di'Anno involved were actually bad. The guy's a genius and a hell of a bassist but he seriously needs to get his head out his ass.

You spelled Killers and Powerslave wrong.

That's a pretty apt description of his role in that battle. :tickled:

Yeah, an opinion I've always held in regards to the prequels (even when I was much younger) is that if they focused more on the world and the characters that aren't meant to be a joke, then TPM would have been a much stronger film. There's even a novel by James Luceno called Cloak of Deception which does just that by being a set-up novel for The Phantom Menace.

To be fair, that was somewhat mitigated with the other armor and infantry they added like the droidekas, the super battle droids, the spider droids, the Vulture-class droid starfighter in Revenge of the Sith, and others. With Jake Lloyd...yeah, it probably could have been handled differently.

He was actually really good in any scene involving pure emotion. Pretending like Hayden was the only one that fell victim to the direction of the dialogue has to be deluding themselves. If anything, the two actors that played prominent characters that got out mostly unscathed was Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid.

I didn't just mean the novelizations but the actual Expanded Universe material that covers events that aren't featured in the films. That being said, the OT novelizations do have some "extra stuff". I actually quite prefer the PT novelizations to those because there is just more story to the prequel trilogy that would warrant an entire novel.

I agree with you on that. That was just my own opinion regarding the album's overall acclaim, not your own personal opinion of it.

I wasn't really impressed with it back then and now, I still think it's rather orthodox both within a shoegaze context and a black metal context. Especially when other bands (Agalloch, for example) have done that kind of genre-mixing with better results.

Well, what can I say? Some people like being wrong.

Shorter sentences, to the point, not worried about hyper-defining and adding caveats to every sentence, a person that doesn't give a shit because he's not autistic. Willing to acknowledge that his posts are just an opinion, not pretending to be some objective arbitrator of artistic merit. Calls people wrong and says "Deal with it", doesn't need to prove anything.

Night and day. They're not the same person.

Here are the last five Omni posts containing the word "wrong", in the context of a discussion:

Just look at the consistency in her style. Always looking for a fight, always looking for an end with her coming out victorious. Every sentence tries to define the parameters of the argument and then prove her opponent wrong within the confines of it. Strong use of dismissive terms like "blatantly", "obvious", etc.

Now compare Talos:

Shorter sentences, to the point, not worried about hyper-defining and adding caveats to every sentence, a person that doesn't give a shit because he's not autistic. Willing to acknowledge that his posts are just an opinion, not pretending to be some objective arbitrator of artistic merit. Calls people wrong and says "Deal with it", doesn't need to prove anything.

Night and day. They're not the same person.

aahhhhahhahah THANK YOU! I have messages from here that are WORD FOR WORD the same posts that you quoted from Talos. Oh this is just too good. lmfao!