Guitar Player's Thread

So it was basically just a lot of palm muting with chords + a not so great Smoke on the Water? Sorry but imo that's not the kinda thing I would put on the internet.

Not trying to be offensive, just being honest.

@ phenom: well done, that tone was pretty cool.

wow, uh, i actually think swabs put it best.

Question.

thingylp8.png

How would you's play this?
I play it 3 fingers and slide and repeat sequence for the 4 note run

now, should i pick all notes, or leave the slide note unpicked? Up til now i have only done the slide with no pick, but it really sounds weird.

slide pick pick pick slide pick pick pick slide pick pick pick etc.

i think i'll make a vid of it later to help you

It's sounds good, I don't see any problem :lol:.

I wish I had the confidence to post some things :cry:. I keep saying I might post something, but I never do :lol:. Perhaps when I buy my new guitar.

Probably Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, the black one. I'll decide if I'll do any paintjobs on it afterwards.

Thats my #1 choice at the moment, but I might go try some out soon. My budget is around $1000-$1500, perhaps more with more paychecks :).

Wings of a dream, your Lake Bodom sounds like Nintendo. Start using more of the bridge pickup!

Hehe alright, I never worry too much about which pickup lol.

you're lead playing was actually pretty alright, however, your sweeps sounded horrible. your hands aren't synced enough (i only listened to lake bodom).

Alright man, hope you know what you're talking about. Thanks for the comment.

@Wings of a dream
nice vids dude.

and please do me a favor, get rid of this damn osama bin laiho of yours
we saw it enough don't you thing? i seriously can't see it any more.
its huge, its stupid, and fucking annoying.

Lol, you're quoted in my sig now...until I find something better that is.

I wish I had time to do some other Laiho...I'll see...

Not really :lol:. I really like that guitar, besides, nothing is final till' it actually happens :). Maybe I'll go for a Warlock, an Ibanez 770 or an Encore Strat, who knows? :loco: :lol:

But tbh, an Ibanez with a maple fretboard would rock my socks.

Piss off. :lol: :lol:

I'm still pissed that a BRAND NEW JEFF LOOMS 7-STRING SCHECTER for $600 passed me up!@1*?@! I only had enough to pay for about half and if I still had a job it could have been mine >8(
As pathetic as it sounds I was hoping my parents would give me $500 as a Christmas present but it won't or ever will happen. I don't have any rich or giving relatives so that is out of the question too. They still consider giving me internet in my room a big enough present :lol: In a few years my mother will be making money for the family but by then I will have moved out. I'm not trying to sound sorry for myself but what a bargain for a guitar!

EDIT- Should I ask for the Shure SM57 as a present? Or should I buy it and ask for something more expensive? (Man do I feel wrong :lol:)

^Idk, just try, parents can surprise you sometimes :)

I know you are all tired of hearing canon rock all the time. But Gustavo Guerra right here puts down every fucking canon nub on youtube. I advise for you to have a tissue or something ready for your bust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, Trivium is hard to play. :lol: I can't downpick to save my life.

Entrance of The Conflagration isn't so bad except the riff right before the solo section.

Hehe alright, I never worry too much about which pickup lol.

Alright man, hope you know what you're talking about. Thanks for the comment.

of course i fucking know what i'm talking about you dipshit or i wouldn't have said it :lol:

i cant hear a single note in your sweeps just BLAHSF;JASF;OIASUFIOUA, which is why i said it.

I'm still pissed that a BRAND NEW JEFF LOOMS 7-STRING SCHECTER for $600 passed me up!@1*?@! I only had enough to pay for about half and if I still had a job it could have been mine >8(
As pathetic as it sounds I was hoping my parents would give me $500 as a Christmas present but it won't or ever will happen. I don't have any rich or giving relatives so that is out of the question too. They still consider giving me internet in my room a big enough present :lol: In a few years my mother will be making money for the family but by then I will have moved out. I'm not trying to sound sorry for myself but what a bargain for a guitar!

EDIT- Should I ask for the Shure SM57 as a present? Or should I buy it and ask for something more expensive? (Man do I feel wrong :lol:)

buyyyyyy the audix! srsly, most people who are still using the shure are using it because it was the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0qwCwonP00

I know you are all tired of hearing canon rock all the time. But Gustavo Guerra right here puts down every fucking canon nub on youtube. I advise for you to have a tissue or something ready for your bust.

granted that's one of the better covers, but this is different from any of the other billion canon rock covers why? :lol:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=owAj5LiXG5w&feature=related[/ame]

srsly, someone needs to find out where these guys come from :lol:

he is pretty good, he gave good tips about home recording too :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0qwCwonP00

Sounds like he's using quite alot of distortion, but still pretty good.

EDIT: I got my camera working, so i decided to post a video! This is not meant to show how fast i can play, because i can't really play fast, but more because i enjoy seeing other people's vids, so hopefully someone else thinks the same.
If you can think of something i could improve on, please comment!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9s1dqt