Guitar Player's Thread

Ah soundfonts, probably explains why the mix was so intensely thin. The whole thing sounded good though, except the drums, which kind of killed the whole thing for me

Yeah I managed to fuck up the drums when noodling around with the fx in Audition.

EDIT: Plus, I don't know shit about mixing/mastering etc. :E

http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/TRIREC.aspx

the TRI REC! Oh behringer, what will you think of next!

But srsly can't wait to see how this sounds. The bugera peavy ripoffs were amazing minus the fact they blow up

I miss my Mesa recto so damn much :'( wahhhhhhh

I gotta figure out a new amp solution. My peavey classic poweramp needs to be retubed and it's got like four thousand tubes in it, and also one of the channels won't turn on (which isn't a big deal I guess because I don't use it on stereo but if one broke then the other is probably on it's way soon)

fuck why can't amps all work right and sound good?!

He was incredible. And considering the circumstances of the split, he's probably better off without them. Makes you wander just where he'll end up next, if anywhere.

Pђoenix;8980657 said:
He was incredible. And considering the circumstances of the split, he's probably better off without them. Makes you wander just where he'll end up next, if anywhere.

HE TOOK THE MIDNIGHT TRAIN GOING ANYYYYWHEEEEEERE

I can't really say there is anyone in dragonforce that really impresses me all that much =/ He was an alright singer though I suppose.

Ok, I practised for a while today with a metronome for the first time in a few years, so I dug out my old practice sheets and I thought maybe some people here would benifit from them.

The numbers are my speeds, which I look back on now and realise that I have actually improved a bit, which is cool!!

There are three groups and each group has mini previews that can be clicked to view the full size image. The groups are: Alternate Picking, Legato & Laiho Licks. I did have one for sweep picking but I can't find it.

Alternate Picking:

What fingering do you use for that yngwie lick?
all four fingers, or do you slide down using three fingers

What page????

I can't really say there is anyone in dragonforce that really impresses me all that much =/ He was an alright singer though I suppose.

Don't involve any personal taste. I'm talking vocal ability, you can't deny he could hit some sick notes and make them sound good at the same time. Shame you can't say it about the rest of the band, in a live situation.

I know, he did indeed have a great vocal range. So does Bruce Dickinson but I'm not a big fan of him either. I'm not saying he sucks by any means, I'm just not really into that type of thing.

I was looking to buy a head and don't really know what to go with i've tried 6505's and marshalls just i wanted to know what else is out there. I've heard good stuff about Madison amps wondering if any of you guys have ever played one?

I had a madison for a while, it was great for crushing death metal tones, like truly brutal ass tones, but i dont like my tones THAT hard and when you try to tone it down a bit it gets a little wishy washy (HA!) but i wouldnt buy one unless youre into playing only BRUTAL death metal.

P.S.
The amp i have now is a Line Six Spyder III and it's a wonder. Works great for ALL kinds of tones, that's a good buy.

P.S.
The amp i have now is a Line Six Spyder III and it's a wonder. Works great for ALL kinds of tones, that's a good buy.

>Line6
>Great

1263176819776.jpg