Guys, what synthesizer is this? (soilwork video, natural born chaos).

Jun 2, 2005
I really love the synths on this album, does anyone know what brand and model this is, or what they used on that record?

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea, but regardless of what people say about Soilwork, Sven is fucking amazing at making samples/synths for their albums

sounds like some modified and processed horns (the melody line at the begining)... absynth or FM8 should be able to pull that off Bob!

That's a Korg Triton workstation on the video.

No idea what's used on the song.. Sounds like a pretty standard (I'm thinking maybe a saw-wave?? can't be bothered to analyze it more..) patch with resonance added, to make that nasally kinda tone. Adjust the filter while playing, add delay and there you go :)

Damn right Daniel, Sven's keys on Evergrey's ISOT were so damn good. Rikard played some great keys in Recreation Day, but it went downhill from there. It was because of Sven's involvement in Soilwork around 2001 that got him kicked out of Evergrey :/

Btw...I think early on he used Yamaha, then moved onto Korg Triton

If you're looking for the software synth that can really do it all, it's Reason, especially the new THOR module in Reason.

That being said - if you can find a good deal on a Korg Triton, go for it. :)

Damn right Daniel, Sven's keys on Evergrey's ISOT were so damn good. Rikard played some great keys in Recreation Day, but it went downhill from there. It was because of Sven's involvement in Soilwork around 2001 that got him kicked out of Evergrey :/

Btw...I think early on he used Yamaha, then moved onto Korg Triton

Oh, I didn't realise that. I though he was originally in Soilwork.

Um...yeah it was dude. In in the video interview with Evergrey in the DVD, Tom Englund agrees with the interviewer that Sven was asked to leave the band since he could not commit to full participation in Evergrey (because he had joined Soilwork in 2001).

Um...yeah it was dude. In in the video interview with Evergrey in the DVD, Tom Englund agrees with the interviewer that Sven was asked to leave the band since he could not commit to full participation in Evergrey (because he had joined Soilwork in 2001).

there's three sides to every story.

Tom can say what he wants, but that's only the media story.

At any rate, think what you want, but its still not the actual truth.

Ill just say they never got along so great to begin with. Really that's the gist of it. The Soilwork thing is more of an effect rather than the cause. That's all, no biggie.

HAHAHA did you see the interview they did with Jamey Jasta on MTV Headbanger's Ball in 2004? Obviously Tom and Henrik only wanted some media attention from being on the show since their videos were being shown, because they acted quite pretentious dicks to Jamey (he deserved it)...

Jamey:"Any up and coming bands from Gothenburg who you'd like to give a shout out to?"
Tom: "No."
Jamey: "No, I mean are there any bands from there you like to hang out with?"
Tom: "No."
Henrik: "Yeah we hate them all and they hate us. Dark Tranquillity hates us, In Flames hate us..."

In reality though, Evergrey are good friends with In Flames, and they respect the DT guys even though they don't like their music. NOTE: With me it's the opposite; I quite like DT's "Fiction" (haven't listened to any others) but I can't stand most of In Flames (note I'm not one of those faux-elitists who are like ZOMGGGG N'FLAMZ IS LIEK METALCORE THAT MUST MEAN IT SUX ASS!*#237 - I've tried my best to listen to stuff throughout their discography, and while Clayman has a fucking awesome guitar sound, the album itself is around 70% for me, prob the best they've done imo).