Guys, what synthesizer is this? (soilwork video, natural born chaos).

HAHAHA did you see the interview they did with Jamey Jasta on MTV Headbanger's Ball in 2004? Obviously Tom and Henrik only wanted some media attention from being on the show since their videos were being shown, because they acted quite pretentious dicks to Jamey (he deserved it)...

Jamey:"Any up and coming bands from Gothenburg who you'd like to give a shout out to?"
Tom: "No."
Jamey: "No, I mean are there any bands from there you like to hang out with?"
Tom: "No."
Henrik: "Yeah we hate them all and they hate us. Dark Tranquillity hates us, In Flames hate us..."

In reality though, Evergrey are good friends with In Flames, and they respect the DT guys even though they don't like their music. NOTE: With me it's the opposite; I quite like DT's "Fiction" (haven't listened to any others) but I can't stand most of In Flames (note I'm not one of those faux-elitists who are like ZOMGGGG N'FLAMZ IS LIEK METALCORE THAT MUST MEAN IT SUX ASS!*#237 - I've tried my best to listen to stuff throughout their discography, and while Clayman has a fucking awesome guitar sound, the album itself is around 70% for me, prob the best they've done imo).

BTW, regarding Jamey. Is he kind of a character? Kind of a clown? Absolutely.

But he's a fucking nice guy and is always cool to people and fans. I dig Jamey

lordcthulhu:

Try giving In Flames another shot and listening to some of their other albums all the way through (Jester Race / Whoracle / Colony) Also, try to pick up Dark Tranquility's Character CD, I think you would enjoy it if you liked Fiction(fucking kick-ass cd)

Personally, I ADORE In Flames from Jester Race through Reroute, though as for Dark Tranquillity I have Haven, Character, and Damage Done, and have listened to them many times, and while they're not band, I find them overall to be much less original and kinda dull.

BTW, regarding Jamey. Is he kind of a character? Kind of a clown? Absolutely.

But he's a fucking nice guy and is always cool to people and fans. I dig Jamey

Yeah he seems harmless. Hatebreed sucks, though.

@Tobin1: Yeah, I'm making it a point now to get some more DT stuff, and also some old In Flames if I have any of me dosh left. Whatever of old In Flames I've heard so far was on last.fm radio, so I only know of a couple of songs from each album :lol:

@Metaltastic: Perhaps, but they ARE a band :loco: :)