Have you ever fucked with someones mix?

cuz they completely disrespect you on numerous occasions and push you around like they own the studio
You shouldn't let that happen in the first place.
Psychology is 50% of the job. You can be the greatest AE in the world, if you can't get the band to respect you, you're not going anywhere.

keep your integrity and rep intact fuck em do what they want if they dont listen to you its their problem not yours, you do some fucking fine work if they cant see that its not you its a lack of vision on their part, hope this works out for you dude, I'd bang all their girlfriends that'll show em :kickass:

do some kind of backmasking of yourself talking about how much the band sucks and sneak it into on of their tracks.:heh:

when someone plays it backwards they'll hear something like "this guy is the worst fucking drummer ever, i edited his shit to death and he is a complete dickhead!"

Damn i thought i was the only one. I have even done cover artwork for some bands that were assholes........So they got a couple dongs shopped into their cover hahaha

by the day, although i made a huge mistake with this band that wont ever happen again.

had to take 2 days off for medical reasons and told them I will make it up to them and take however long we needed to finish the EP because they needed it done by a certain day that we agreed on and I couldnt make it happen. Oh and also cuz I was having PC problems like PT crashing/not being able to boot up and my POD kept fucking up (which it still is)

but hey, i learned a valuable lesson out of the one.

dude...your story is so freaking close to mine!!

i had this issue with my past client.

This is what i ended up doing:

I Had them put on the credits that they mixed it, and i just engineered.
That they produced it
And last, i told them that once i get any spare time i would mix the hole album again (BY MYSELF!) and just show it to them, so they can hear what they didn't want.

they agreed. and their album is out now. im just now waiting anxiously to re mix the hole album again and show it to them so they can crap their pants in regret.

You shouldn't let that happen in the first place.
Psychology is 50% of the job. You can be the greatest AE in the world, if you can't get the band to respect you, you're not going anywhere.

very true man.

kinda reminds me when David Bendeth mixed the newest Underoath CD and the band were big assholes to him the whole time.

not only that, but they think its ok to show up during other peoples sessions without asking me and say "hey, we are here to work" and expect me to drop everything and start working on their stuff.

FUCK THAT.

Damn, :lol:.

I would laugh first and then go "oh wait your serious?" then laugh harder. Ultimately if anyone did that, they deserve to feel like and idiot.

you could always mix a subliminal track onto all their songs . something on the lines that "they like cock and balls" or something brutal like that.

Öwen;9060091 said:
I never heard about this. Elaborate please.

+1

Fuck, never knew about this either.
I would have expected a band of that level to act like professionals, not like twats

Damn, :lol:.

I would laugh first and then go "oh wait your serious?" then laugh harder. Ultimately if anyone did that, they deserve to feel like and idiot.

Yea, this has happened more than once and thats not the only shit they do.
Shit like this is what makes me really want to make it sound like complete shit but like everyone says, I need to get it over with and stay professional :puke:

(but I will be doing some hidden stuff like the reverse talking :lol:)

Have you ever fucked with someones mix cuz they completely disrespect you on numerous occasions and push you around like they own the studio?

I guess what im trying to ask is, am i huge dickhead for fucking this mix up by brickwalling the overheads? (although to them and the untrained ear it wont even be noticeable)

what are your thoughts/experience with bands that fuck you over? and what do you do about it?

:p

why would you continue to work with someone who acts like that?

i'd simply tell them to check the attitude at the fucking door, or session's over...and no, you don't the deposit back