HC2 I GO!

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
Called Maxine, him and Will are there, think Derick and Cara are getting there in a couple hours. I'll be leaving in a little bit.

Shall be a most killer weekend.

Wish me airport luck, I tend to not have any!

Aye, airport luck. Make sure to punch Will in the bladder for me, and shake Derick's hand in awesomeness. As well as Cara.

Hey, when russell calls, make sure to call Tyler... Or I'll call Williard.

Called Maxine, him and Will are there, think Derick and Cara are getting there in a couple hours. I'll be leaving in a little bit.

Shall be a most killer weekend.

Wish me airport luck, I tend to not have any!
good luck getting lucky with my boyfriend!

hehe, but other than that, it was just will, max, cara and derick when i called so i hope you do get there safely and free of complications when you do get there.

Yep. I'm here... and in case any of you are here, as well... find me, dammit! Room 501

Day 1 report:

Got in at 6:30 or so, and met max, will, cara, derick, kriggy, and a buncha RCers in the lobby...

Eventually, after the shuttle failed to show up, we piled into a van, all of us, and went to the venue.

Will of the Ancients: Pretty cool shit, I enjoyed it.

Vesperian Sorrow: Suprised the hell outta me.

Slough Feg: ZOMG so amazing.

Vreid: Best set I've ever seen, period.

Manegarm: Extremely entertaining. The violenist was insane.

Got back to the hotel, had a pizza and some jager with sanctums and some of his friends, then went up to floor 7. They was partying in the halls. Started some drinkings there... got to drink from the bottle of mike from slough feg :D Talked to him for a while, and all the other bands. Will went to sleep, me and max stayed up.

The cops showed up, we all piled into rooms, and me and max ended up in Manegarms room, with members of Vreid and Will of the Ancients there too...

I'm drunk, and tired, time for sleep.

Tomorrow will kill as well!

Day 1 report:

Got in at 6:30 or so, and met max, will, cara, derick, kriggy, and a buncha RCers in the lobby...

Eventually, after the shuttle failed to show up, we piled into a van, all of us, and went to the venue.

Will of the Ancients: Pretty cool shit, I enjoyed it.

Vesperian Sorrow: Suprised the hell outta me.

Slough Feg: ZOMG so amazing.

Vreid: Best set I've ever seen, period.

Manegarm: Extremely entertaining. The violenist was insane.

Got back to the hotel, had a pizza and some jager with sanctums and some of his friends, then went up to floor 7. They was partying in the halls. Started some drinkings there... got to drink from the bottle of mike from slough feg :D Talked to him for a while, and all the other bands. Will went to sleep, me and max stayed up.

The cops showed up, we all piled into rooms, and me and max ended up in Manegarms room, with members of Vreid and Will of the Ancients there too...

I'm drunk, and tired, time for sleep.

Tomorrow will kill as well!
Ha. Holy shit thats fucking awesome.

Day 2 looked like this:

Doors opened at 12, but we didn't feel like seeing the first few bands... got there at around 3 or 3:30... Saw the last song from the one band that uhhh I forget! Then, it was........... I don't know! :lol: :lol:

Rudra was REALLY fucking intense. I hope to see these guys again in the States. They're from Singapore. They put on a fucking KILLER show.

Shroud of Bereavement was incredible, as well... even though Dan had a cold or tuberculosis or something.

Skyforger was my favorite band of the 2 nights... INCREDIBLE folky death metal. Bagpipes, recorder thingys, flutes, and a bigass... weird stringed instrument. All examples of instruments that make a band win my heart.

ahhh such an amazing fest. I'd like to say thanks to MisterMayhem and ku...p...ar...ski.... kupshi? something! :tickled:

I'd also like to say that it was fun rooming with Eric and Max! Also thanks to Derick and Cara for putting up with me for longer than they should have!

ALSO, thanks to Reign in Acai for pouring that alcoholic beverage down my throat.

pics to come once I get home and sort them... I took around 200

I'm home now, after some air delays...

Still drunk too. As I was leaving to catch the super shuttle I chugged a final beer and had a swig of some vodka that was going round... which was my final drink of HC2.

And then, the super shuttle was with rudra. Me, completely sloshed outta my mind, on a super shuttle with rudra. it was great.

Full fest report after I sober up a bit.

Alright my turn.

HOLY SHIT! This whole weekend frankly has been amazing. Cool bands and cool people. My favorite set was Manegarm. They had so much energy! Its been a long time since I've had so much fun during a set. Second favorite was Rudra from Singafuckingpore. I had never really heard them before, was blown away. Apparently they're playing in philly on tuesday. Score.

This festival was truly unique. Well organized, with a variety of amazing bands. Best American festival by FAR. It was a lot of fun hangin with Will, Derick, Cara, Eric, Ryan, and all the RC guys.
Here's to HC3!

A few pictures to come.

Edit:
Many thousands of years ago.... they RUUULED the globe!

Heres a small sample of the pictures I took. Keep in mind that I'm no photographer.

Månegarm
imgp00271wm.jpg

imgp00318fy.jpg

Mael Morda
imgp00403ct.jpg

imgp00489ui.jpg

imgp00513fk.jpg

Obtest
imgp00754bc.jpg

imgp00790ol.jpg

Rudra:
imgp00982fq.jpg

imgp01127gt.jpg

imgp01105ia.jpg

Skyforger:
imgp01192ts.jpg

imgp01139wb.jpg

And the only picture I could get of Bal-Sagoth before my camera battery died, kind of a shitty pic too, but i had to rush because i was about to run out of battery
imgp01293jw.jpg