Hellhammer? Who the hell is that?

Originally posted by Dreamlord

You like Mayhem, but think Arcturus sucks? Do you also think that Papa Roach is musical bliss?

Would I be here at ultimate metal.com if I thought Papa Roach was good? I'd obviously have to come across this place by viewing a metal homepage ( IE In Flames homepage ) I do think Arcturus sucks, from what I've heard ( songs like Choas Path.. ) They seem like some weird joke kind of band.

They're not that good as say... Soilwork, or Emperor. I don't like them, so get over it kid.

Nobody has seen fit to point out that Hellhammer is also the best drummer around. I guess that was what the other thread is for... anyway. We gave him Herpes award. The John Holms award for inspiring inadaquacy.

Not a joke at all... that stuff is hyper-composed!! Their new album, "The Sham Mirrors", is my favorite album of 2002 so far... much more straightahead than its predecessor (from where Chaos Path is from), I strongly suggest you check it out.

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger

Would I be here at ultimate metal.com if I thought Papa Roach was good? I'd obviously have to come across this place by viewing a metal homepage ( IE In Flames homepage ) I do think Arcturus sucks, from what I've heard ( songs like Choas Path.. ) They seem like some weird joke kind of band.

They're not that good as say... Soilwork, or Emperor. I don't like them, so get over it kid.

The best drumming I've heard from Hellhammer is on the Thorns "S/T" record. Try and check that out, especially "Interface to god" and "Excistence". I haven't heard his work on Winds and the new Arcturus. I've never really liked "La masquerade infernale" by Arcturus that much. It reminded to much of Bon Jovi compared to "Aspera hiems symfonia"! I think "Aspera..." is much better! I haven't heard the new one yet, but Hellhammer told me that it was gonna be a little crazy like "La...", but more in the vein of "Aspera..." so that sounds promising! The clips I've heard from it sounded pretty good too!
Hellhammer is one of my favorite drummers, but I think I prefer Dennis Chambers a bit more. I actually asked Hellhammer if he knew Dennis Chambers and he said "He's a monster!"!!!!
By the way, Fenriz is the drummer in Darkthrone.

Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas destroys everything Arcturus have ever done though the album would kill even more if it had Dead on vocals instead of Attila.

Originally posted by MacMoney
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas destroys everything Arcturus have ever done though the album would kill even more if it had Dead on vocals instead of Attila.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by MacMoney

Personally, i think Attila's vox fitted that record beautifully. Dead could vomit with the best of them, but he never had the dark grandeur that Mr Csihar brought to it.