hey Villain -

That is how the world works, and how everything goes as it goes. You dare a risk to do something. In my opinion that is right, because even though I think religios people (or kind of them, which I also consider myselfe to belong to), shouldn´t be offended offensively and be tolerated,
they should also tolerate anyone else and his differing opinion. Criticism, jokes, and cynism are part of the world, noone can claim to except oneself from these.

I would call that my principle of tolerating anything, even intolerance.

I don't tolerate intolerance, except when it's the kind of clever intolerance that is intended to poke another intolerance in the eye and make it think.

Certainly, we should respect religions, but not when they step on more important virtues. Freedom of speech trumps all of your silly gods. That was the whole point of the protest.

Villain's avatar is based off of a larger movement, which both condemns the death threats against Mohamed-depictors and the cowardly media who bow to pressure from the extremist world. It's a good thing.

Villain's avatar is based off of a larger movement, which both condemns the death threats against Mohamed-depictors and the cowardly media who bow to pressure from the extremist world. It's a good thing.

Yes and no. A lot of people like myself see no reason to be deferential to any cult of make believe or another, whether Christian, Muslim, Pagan, etc... but that movement is the wrong kind of mix of legitimately secular people and others who just want a cheap shot at provoking a cult they don't like for very different reasons than the people who started the draw Mohammed movement.

Just my two cents. I'd have drawn my own stick figure Mohammed, but since the actual Mohammed would have probably found the drawing controversy itself retarded, I decided against it.

I lied. I drew him on my desk punching Abu Bakr in the crotch while Heracles watches on.

I'm not sure how Villain's depiction of Mohammad is any different from so many of our beloved metal bands and their tendency to sprinkle inverted crosses and pentagrams everywhere. Except that Villain's icon is current events, and no one is really offended by blaspheming metal bands anymore.

Muslim extremists compulsively peruse metal communities, specifically to locate and hunt down with extreme prejudice all those who dare threaten their faith by means of gif's and jpg's. The only quarter we can find is by converting all our funny images into png's, a format the Qur'an explicitly forbids those pesky zealots from laying eyes upon.

The only quarter we can find is by converting all our funny images into png's, a format the Qur'an explicitly forbids those pesky zealots from laying eyes upon.

.PNGs are superior in every way -- smaller size, better quality, invisible to zealots... In fact, I'm even willing to go so far as to say that most people who use .GIFs are terrorists.

Stizzle's accurate summary spared me from typing a long and boring explanation no one would've found interesting and which I don't have the time for. So thanks.

I'd have drawn my own stick figure Mohammed, but since the actual Mohammed would have probably found the drawing controversy itself retarded, I decided against it.

I think that's just one more reason to participate - to point out how truly retarded it is to tell people they can't draw silly pictures.

-Villain

.PNGs are superior in every way -- smaller size, better quality, invisible to zealots... In fact, I'm even willing to go so far as to say that most people who use .GIFs are terrorists.

I would concur. In fact, the GIF was created by the Nazi around the end of World War II. While computers were still in it's infancy, Nazi technology realized a way to make an animated picture in which would be very distracting to the enemy. They would make them laugh at different types of funny imagery and then kill them while there were giggling. Truly horrible.

I don't really care if you do something like this, and I also think Muslims shouldn't be so pissed about it.

BUT if you know that drawings like those in the Danish newspaper will cause controversy, why can't you just let it go? I'll let him do it, but if I were him I'd just draw something else. Things like that are just unnecessary causes of controversy.

The people drawing caricatures in danish newspapers simply do draw stuff that could be "unneccesary causes of controversy". It's their job and their mission.

And if anyone tells them to not draw about a special theme, who is to consider which theme is drawable and which isn´t for what reasons ?

There has been a southpark episode where this special thing was picked out as central theme, I think it was something about if comedy central was forced to censor their program because of showing mohammed, anyone would come to have other episodes also be censored because of other reasons. Anyone is pissed of by something.

I´m sorry, but I couldn't see episode 201 yet.

However, I ment some earlier episodes, featuring family guy and stuff. It was about family guy wanting to show mohammed, and cartman to prevent them from showing it. Cartman then explained by preventing one episode, the whole show would collapse because anyone could come.
In the end the family guy show in the southpark show showed mohammed, but the southpark show censored him :D.

But that was times back, I think somewhere in season 10, when danemark hat the problems with the caricatures.

I´m sorry, but I couldn't see episode 201 yet.

However, I ment some earlier episodes, featuring family guy and stuff. It was about family guy wanting to show mohammed, and cartman to prevent them from showing it. Cartman then explained by preventing one episode, the whole show would collapse because anyone could come.
In the end the family guy show in the southpark show showed mohammed, but the southpark show censored him :D.

But that was times back, I think somewhere in season 10, when danemark hat the problems with the caricatures.

I haven't seen that episode, and actually I rarely watch South Park. But 200 and 201 were incredibly funny (Barbra!), and Mohammed does appear… sort of ;).

Muslim extremists compulsively peruse metal communities, specifically to locate and hunt down with extreme prejudice all those who dare threaten their faith by means of gif's and jpg's. The only quarter we can find is by converting all our funny images into png's, a format the Qur'an explicitly forbids those pesky zealots from laying eyes upon.

Sometimes, when I read one of rahvin's posts, I think that he was put on this planet just to make me happy.