I am Addicted to this one!

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
Okay... I have been listening to the new Threshold album while posting on the UM today, and I must say that this album is seriously kicking my ass!!!

I wasn't very impressed on the first few spins, probably because I loved "Hypothetica"l so much. But each time I notice somthing new, something diffrent and it's totally growing on me!

Also... the two bonus tracks on the second disc ( from the Ltd. Ed. version) are AWSOME!!! I can't belive they were not originaly included on the actual album!

the song "Fragmentation" is by far my favorite on the album! Johanne's drum fills at the end of the tune totaly rip my head off!

just wanted to share that... anyone else got this album?

I'm a big Threshold fan. I really enjoy the new album, although I don't think it's anywhere near as good as "Hypothetical". My favorites are the Richard West compositions.

I too love the bonus tracks, especially Mac's contribution.

I knew I could count on you two for some feedback on this album!!!!

:headbang:

My true goal now is to get the other albums... I'm embarrassed to say that I only own "Hypothetical" and "Critical Mass", but Sheri has all the others and I listen to her's on occasion. I haven't really listen to "Clone" yet.... :rolleyes:

I find myself really getting into Mac's vocal style, which is by far VERY unuiqe! He seems to be a vocalist that would be difficult to imitate.

Is it just me... or do you guys hear a slight resemblance to Vanden Plas in the guitar and keyboard's sound/production?

Dustin

Originally posted by Dustin
I knew I could count on you two for some feedback on this album!!!!

:headbang:

My true goal now is to get the other albums... I'm embarrassed to say that I only own "Hypothetical" and "Critical Mass", but Sheri has all the others and I listen to her's on occasion. I haven't really listen to "Clone" yet.... :rolleyes:

I find myself really getting into Mac's vocal style, which is by far VERY unuiqe! He seems to be a vocalist that would be difficult to imitate.

Is it just me... or do you guys hear a slight resemblance to Vanden Plas in the guitar and keyboard's sound/production?

Dustin

That's a good observation about the production. Now that you mention it, I do think "Critical Mass"'s production is very similar to "Far Off Grace"'s production... especially the guitar and keys... the same guitar crunch. I don't know about "Beyond Daylight"'s production, because I haven't listened to it more than 3 times (I don't like it!). "Clone" would be my 3rd favorite Threshold after the last two albums. I'm not really into the first 2 albums... production is really bad and they have that horrible 80's sounding triggered snare drum. I haven't heard "Extinct Instinct", although it's supposed to be good.

Mac is a great vocalist.