Into Eternity

SpiritCrusherX

ManBearPig
Apr 5, 2003
Wilkes-Barre, PA
www.myspace.com
Ok, this band is ridiculous. Wow. Half prog, half melodic death metal. The axework is nothing short of ridiculous, and don't even get me started on the vocal arrangements. This band is truly one of the most unique in metal today. What does everyone else think?

NP: Into Eternity - Embraced By Desolation

Excellent band, one that finds a perfect balance between technicality, aggression, and melodic instincts. Buried In Oblivion shreds from start to finish, an album that will alternately having you marveling at the precision of the arrangements and headbanging like a madman.

I ordered Cynic (focus), Pestilence (Spheres), and MARTYR (warp zone) from century media and received like 6 extra promos and one of them has the song Isolation, and I think is awesome, this is a must for somebody into agressive prog metal.

As far as the other bands I'm starting to worship Martyr, this album is such a masterpiece, and I'm getting into Focus, although I find the robot-like vocals hard to get into.

Demonspell said:
Excellent band, one that finds a perfect balance between technicality, aggression, and melodic instincts. Buried In Oblivion shreds from start to finish, an album that will alternately having you marveling at the precision of the arrangements and headbanging like a madman.

My thoughts EXACTLY. Hah, your location is a black sea of agony. Nice. Great song.

Another thing that I noticed about Into Eternity is the very dark and depressing song titles.

Spiraling Into Depression
Beginning Of The End
Embraced By Desolation
Dead Or Dreaming
Black Sea Of Agony
Buried In Oblivion
Shallow
Unholy (Fields Of The Dead)

Crazy shit.

theodyssey said:
I thought they were boring as hell. Am I the only one in the world who does not like them?
thank you. its good and all, but theres something missing. i'll tell ya whats missing, keyboards. they really have sum'm goin on, but its the slightest bit dull-sounding. i'd bet they are an awesome live band, but especially after listening to as much prog and melodic black metal with keyboards, into eternity just doesnt do the trick. boring as hell? not really. but they're definately not at the top of my *gotta get their cds right now* list, either. just IMO. dont everyone freak out.

I absolutely love this band. It's like Nevermore + Death + Dream Theater (three of my favorite bands :D). They get better with each disc too. I had been a huge fan of Dead or Dreaming since I first heard it, and I was originally unsure their next disc would top that, but it certainly did. I hear they are killer live, so I look forward to Progpower! I'd love to drink a beer with these guys. They seem really cool.

"Buried in Oblivion" is probably the best album of the year. It is forward-thinking, genre-smashing and just plain good. It's technical as all hell, but the strength is in the songwriting. These are just 10 great songs. The mind-boggling musical wizadry yields seemlessly to moments of transcendent bliss and unforgettable melodies. There are no rules for Into Eternity, they similar put their all into producing some of the best metal music available. And their secret weapon is their vocal arrangements. Few metal bands take their vocal arrangements to the next level like Into Eternity does... in this way... they have a similarity to Pain of Salvation (though the music sounds nothing like Pain of Salvation). Perhaps "Buried In Oblivion" is 'half death metal', but it is all prog metal. Anyone who considers him/herself a lover of progressive metal should putside his/her perceptions of what progressive metal should be ("it needs keyboards", "it doesn't sound like Symphony X", etc) and just let the music take you on an unforgettable journey.