Into Eternity

ProgMetalFan said:
"Buried in Oblivion" is probably the best album of the year. It is forward-thinking, genre-smashing and just plain good. It's technical as all hell, but the strength is in the songwriting. These are just 10 great songs. The mind-boggling musical wizadry yields seemlessly to moments of transcendent bliss and unforgettable melodies. There are no rules for Into Eternity, they similar put their all into producing some of the best metal music available. And their secret weapon is their vocal arrangements. Few metal bands take their vocal arrangements to the next level like Into Eternity does... in this way... they have a similarity to Pain of Salvation (though the music sounds nothing like Pain of Salvation). Perhaps "Buried In Oblivion" is 'half death metal', but it is all prog metal. Anyone who considers him/herself a lover of progressive metal should putside his/her perceptions of what progressive metal should be ("it needs keyboards", "it doesn't sound like Symphony X", etc) and just let the music take you on an unforgettable journey.

Yeah dude, VERY well said.

I picked up Buried In Oblivion a few weeks ago....I can't stop listening to it. No keyboards for me, it's perfect the way it is.

do the samples on their site really do them justice? i keep listening to it and its not getting any better. i might just get the cd and go from there. I'm not bent on every band absolutely having to have keyboards, but its hard to grasp my attention with out 'em. its like the music is building up to something and then never gets to a climax. the sound quality of the clips isnt the same as on the cd, right?? cuz that would REALLY suck. im really trying to give these guys a chance here.