Judas Priest

I checked out Screaming For Vengeance and Defenders Of The Faith. They are a little bit too rock 'n rollish for my taste, especially screaming for vengeance. Painkiller is a great album though, too bad that don't have any other albums like that.

I like Defenders of the Faith better than Screaming for Vengeance; it's more metal and less rock 'n rollish. Earlier Judas Priest seems to really have a strong rock 'n rollish element to it.

Judas Priest are one of my favorite bands of all time and easily one of the most influential. I once heard a quote from someone... "Black Sabbath invented heavy metal but Judas Priest perfected it" - I love that quote and believe it's true. My favorite albums are - "Hell Bent For Leather", "Defenders Of The Faith", and "Painkiller". They are all awesome though. I even liked the Ripper Owens albums ("Jugulator" more than "Demolition").

I just picked up Priest's new DVD "Electric Eye". It is so awesome. It has all their music videos, a live concert from Dallas in 1986 on the Turbo tour ("The Sentinel" live kills!), and also several live television performances from the band in their early days.

I am so happy to see the band back together with Halford and ready to go out and kick ass in 2004 with a new album and a tour. I saw Halford last year in NYC but unfortunetly had to leave half way through his set to catch the last train home which I was very upset about. I did get to witness "Painkiller" and "Rapid Fire" from his Priest years which were awesome as well as some Fight and Halford stuff. As I was leaving he was getting ready to do "White Heat Red Hot"! God what I would have done to stopped that train from leaving.

I'm listening to a really cool Judas Priest tribute album right now I picked up in 2002. It is called "A Tribute To The Priest" and features the following...

1. Annihilator - "Hell Bent For Leather"
2. Primal Fear - "Metal Gods"
3. Skid Row (featuring Rob Halford) - "Delivering The Goods" (live)
4. Witchery - "Riding On The Wind"
5. Iced Earth - "Screaming For Vengeance"
6. Siebenburgen - "Jawbreaker"
7. Hammerfall - "Breaking The Law"
8. Benediction - "Hellion/Electric Eye"
9. Death - "Painkiller"
10. Silent Force - "All Guns Blazing"
11. Steel Prophet - "Dreamer, Deceiver"
12. Armored Saint - "Never Satisfied"
13. Therion - "Green Manalishi"
14. Thunderstone - "Diamonds and Rust"

Killer compilation. Death doing "Painkiller" is simply amazing.

Long live the Priest.

Call for The Priest!!!!!
:headbang:

I think they stand with Maiden and Sabbath pretty much. They did release a few clunkers(Turbo and part of Ram it Down come to mind..), but most all their early stuff and a good chunk of the 80s stuff really influenced people.

Priest is one of the first bands to really grab me metal-wise when I was 13 along with Maiden and Megadeth. To this day, tunes like "freewheel burning" , "victim of change", "devil's child" and "beyond the relms of death" still sound kick ass to me!