Kreator and Kataklysm to tour North America

While I saw Voivod a number of times back in the day (first time was Voivod headlining Detroit's St. Andrew's Hall with a couple of unknown opening bands called Soundgarden and Faith No More!), I can say that they sounded excellent this past summer at Sweden Rock. I thought the setlist was a killer mix off of the first six albums (through Angel Rat), plus a couple of new ones. While no one can fill Piggy's shoes, the new guitarist did a great job. Can't wait to see them again!

Awwww man.

I was really looking forward to seeing Kataklysm, but it appears they won't be playing in NYC...

What a bummer!
I agree with you on that one. I'll be at the Nokia anyway. On a side note, though I'm obviously fully aware of the differences in the markets, it amazes me that bands will play the Nokia in Times Square, NYC, capacity over 2k and also book El Corazon in Seattle. That place is a muthafukin HOLE. Sorry Seattlites, but that place make the Stone Pony in Asbury Park look like Radio City. Ugh. I have discovered there ARE better small venues to play in Seattle. Whoever the booking guy for that region is, we need to have a talk.

On a side note, though I'm obviously fully aware of the differences in the markets, it amazes me that bands will play the Nokia in Times Square, NYC, capacity over 2k and also book El Corazon in Seattle. That place is a muthafukin HOLE. Sorry Seattlites, but that place make the Stone Pony in Asbury Park look like Radio City. Ugh. I have discovered there ARE better small venues to play in Seattle.

I love that place, hole be-damned. I haven't lived in the area since 2001, but saw many great shows there-- Maiden, VoiVod, etc...

I remember my wife and I taking in a Pleasure Elite show there around Easter; my wife was aghast by someone she encountered in the restroom-- the person had a ferret living in her dreadlocks...

I love that place, hole be-damned. I haven't lived in the area since 2001, but saw many great shows there-- Maiden, VoiVod, etc...

I remember my wife and I taking in a Pleasure Elite show there around Easter; my wife was aghast by someone she encountered in the restroom-- the person had a ferret living in her dreadlocks...
Heh, sorry, dude, I get it, but I just went there recently and had a helluva time finding it and then was totally turned off by the seedinest of the place and the retardednest of the staff. I have been all OVER so that is saying a lot. But true to form, if I visit my buddy there again, and someone cool is playing, I will still go. Hey, where do you go before or after the show, we had trouble finding someplace though did find a cool beer joint on Vine I think. Not sure.

Edit: You saw MAIDEN there???? How the f*ck did they fit there? Has it shrunk? There's no GD parking, I know that.

Edit: You saw MAIDEN there???? How the f*ck did they fit there? Has it shrunk? There's no GD parking, I know that.

Hah, yeah-- it was surreal-- Iron Maiden/Fear Factory (The X Factour/Demanufacture). There were 2-3 nice tour buses parked on the street out front, and the capacity crowd (~275) was packed in there tight...

I saw Nachtmystium last night on the Marduk tour.

More of their rockstar bullshit, but they fucking SLAYED.

Agreed! Although getting my car broken-into might not have been worth seeing them and Marduk.

Here's a larger itinerary for the tour. I can't wait for this - Kreator, Voivod, and Nachtmystium on the same bill? Fucking killer!
The Hordes Of Chaos Part II tour dates:

March (with Voivod, Nachtmystium, Evile, Lazarus AD)
14 - Block Station 4 - St Paul, MN

Hmm, looks like they misspelled "Swordlord." :lol:

31 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA

:headbang:

This looks like a quality tour, but just doesn't appeal to me that much. I would love to see Evile in a headlining spot at some point though for sure. I've seen Kreator once during their last tour and just can't get into them that much.

~Brian~