Marvelous Mixing Practice - Periphery "Ragnarok"

Here's my attempt! Crits and suggestions encouraged greatly!

Guitars and Bass were Pod Farm, and drums were Steven Slate drums triggered with Chango FOP kit samples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice mixes, people! I fix some thinks like the bass (I have a lot of phase problems, I dont know why :() and guitars in this version. Tell me what ya think, please! m/

http://db.tt/Ep66xOmD

Nice improved version from your last one indeed, i like very much.
If you set the guitars a couple of db low i think they fit perfect in your mix.

Great mix :headbang:

Again, so glad so many of you have enjoyed this. Sorry I haven't been able to respond, I have been busy! I'm gonna listen to some of you guys mixes and say what I think about them. :)

xthecavemanx: Really dig the bass tone! I think the snare has a bit too much reverb, and the guitars lack that "oomph", though!

oter1st: Nice, fat, guitar tone. I think the kick sounds very weak though, it's like just a click!

Hadsburgs: REALLY fat guitars! Feeling they lack a little bit of top though, adn the drums feel a little buried sometimes!

phillycheese: In my opinion a bit too bassy. I would probably bring down the bass track a few dBs. <:

xXxMetalJunkiexXx: The whole mix seems a little too squashed, I would suggest ligtening up that limiter and letting it breath a bit more!

Vildhjarta: Some drum hits seem to be missing..? :c And the rest of the drums seem to not be glueing witht he rest of the mix!

Here's I'm after Periphery's big monstrous sound:

Let me know what you think, guys!

Daybreak, what DI you're using on this track?

Last edited by a moderator: