Marvelous Mixing Practice - Periphery "Ragnarok"

Damn these mixing practices get pretty addicting.

Check out my mix you guys and tell me what I need to work on. Thankfully as opposed to the other mixes I FINALLLY got vocals. As always the guitars are through the Pod HD Pro, drums are SD2 and everything else is stock. PT11 as the daw and Mbox Pro as the interface. My favorite song to mix so far!

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm incredibly late(and sorry about the necro-ish bump), but I wanted to post my attempt

Last edited by a moderator:

This was amazingly well done!
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but here's my mix.
I would have used Superior Drummer, but I didn't want to change the MIDI notes, and I think this turned out alright.
I used my Line 6 Helix to re-amp the guitars.

These stems are great.
I played around a little and came up with, what I consider to be more or less satisfying sounds.
I used the vocal stems that were provided in this threat, although I'm still missing most of them and the song feels kinda empty without vocals.
I also added a few more synth tracks that I thought were missing from the stems provided. Can you spot them all?
This is a two day mix featuring a combination of Superior Drummer's Avatar and Metal Machinery samples bounced out with bleed turned on to generate a more natural base drum tone (I love live drums), automation and mastering.
Of course, this mix isn't perfect, so if anyone wants to comment on it and criticize it, please go ahead. How could I learn if I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
Decided to have another go at this with B7K on bass and EVH and Zilla Fatboy on guitar.
Thanks again for uploading =]