Melodic Death Metal Mix

Wyldechyld

Jordan Guthrie
Jan 22, 2011
Oklahoma, US
Last edited:
Reactions: Alex M
for me, the mix is very good in general. I would cut some low end though. Is it possible to send me the raws to mix this ?

Yep, it seems a bit low end heavy for my taste too, and vocals don't seem burried but sound quite muffled in my opinion!

Thanks guys! When I was mixing, it started sounding really thin overall when I cut some of the lows. What is the best way to cut some lows but keep a strong bottom end? And I'll try to get the raws posted as soon as possible!

Nice mix in general. In my opinion you should get rig of the low end mud in order to add more air in the mix.
BTW great song and playing :)
You sound like Johan Hegg!!! What is your vocal processing? How many track, doubles etc...

Nice mix in general. In my opinion you should get rig of the low end mud in order to add more air in the mix.
BTW great song and playing :)
You sound like Johan Hegg!!! What is your vocal processing? How many track, doubles etc...
Thanks man! The vocals were all double tracked and panned very slightly left and right. Processing was some slight eq, compression and reverb!

I'll mix your song over the weekend. Will reamp the guitars and bass through Kemper using 5150 + mesa 4x12 cab or Mesa Triple Rec amp + mesa 4x12 cabs

Good mix and sound, i think. The vocals sounds ok, maybe even a bit loud. Expected some solos at the end..)

Thanks bro :)

Low end needs to be tweaked slightly to get rig of boomy frequencies but overall it sounds nice I think. Vocals were quite well recorded so it was easy to make it sit properly in the mix.

Good job Jordan and more songs please :) haha :)

Reactions: ShamStalin
Here is my try :)

Good job man! :)

Good mix and sound, i think. The vocals sounds ok, maybe even a bit loud. Expected some solos at the end..)
Thanks man! The general consensus is that there should have been a solo towards the end, I'll have to get on that haha.

Quick mix, no guitar EQ, no automation. Real 6505 amp + Mesa 4x12 cab + 1xSM57.
Hope you like it! ENJOY!

Great job, man! I really dig that tone!

Nice job! The mix seems a little boomy though!

nice growl!

Thanks man! :D