Mike Portnoy and John Sykes?!?

This should be interesting. If it sounds like Blue Murder and 1987 era Whitesnake like Eddie Trunk says it does, then it has great potential.

Instead of having 2 bands (other one being Adrenaline Mob with Russel Allen), he should take Russel in to this band with John Sykes. That would be exciting!

It's a band with Sykes, I'll check it out...even though "Nuclear Cowboy" wasn't overly good. I'm curious who the bassist is they're working with....Tony Franklin? Marco Mendoza? Anybody know yet?

It's not Mendoza, as he's touring with Thin Lizzy at the moment.

okay from MP,

John & I have been working with a bass player as well (no, not Dug Pinnick) and the announcement of who it is will be made at a later point...let's just say it is a completely ridiculous modern-day power trio!!!

Bear

dUg Pinnick would not fit if it's supposed to be a "band" situation. I am a Pinnick fanboy, and he can do anything once (The Mob) but as an overall stylistic fit, he, Sykes and Portnoy would be too disjointed if Sykes & Pinnick were given equal writing room.

dUg Pinnick would not fit if it's supposed to be a "band" situation. I am a Pinnick fanboy, and he can do anything once (The Mob) but as an overall stylistic fit, he, Sykes and Portnoy would be too disjointed if Sykes & Pinnick were given equal writing room.

It's a moot point, obviously, but I don't think that Doug would really care about being involved in the songwriting. He's shown himself to be perfectly willing to sing other people's material (The Mob, Living Colour, Razr 13, the crappy tribute albums he's way too good to be doing), as between King's X and his solo project, he's got plenty of creative opportunities.

I really wish it was him, as he's a much, much better singer than Sykes.