MIXING PRACTICE - Rites of the Apocalypse - bigger production stuff

First off I'd like to thank the uploader for this submission, this is a great song and the production is awesome! :) This song is really inspiring (I like classical/orchestral music as well)

I've got a few concerns however...
Does anyone else feel like the string staccatos at the first part of the song (not the ones from the action strings phrases) don't "belong" or "fit" in this song? I've tried just about everything to try and get them to make sense in the mix but it just doesn't feel right to me. Is it normal to cut out certain parts of a track in a song completely? because that's what I feel like I need to do otherwise it just kind of nags me to know that it's in there.

Surely I can't be the only one here whose ever felt it necessary to cut certain things from a mix. Can anyone else chime in?

I know this is a massive gravedig but does anybody still have the files? I would absolutely love to take a shot at this! Thanks

Reactions: keenly
I still have the files, unfortunately I won't be on my computer for the next month as I will be tracking bands far from home,I'll be able to upload it once I comme back if you're still interested...