More NU Metal Guilty Pleasures...

I just think SOAD is annoying. The guys voice gets on my nerves. And the music IS pretty simplistic (you can't deny that!), which I don't like. I don't like the bounce around "Hey let's mosh" music. I think it may be because I am really into playing complex stuff that I don't like the simplicitic bounce-metal stuff. I just don't have respect for bands that drop to D (or A flat in Korn's case) and bounce on an 0-2-0-2-3-2 combination for 4 minutes.

I agree about bounce... the only SOAD songs I don't like are their little short "joke" songs... I don't think they wrote that as a serious song... it's just a little humor for the album... the reason why I like them is because their drastic changes... the music may be simplistic... but it's FREAKING HARD to be that tight on tempo changes that drastic... they speed up and slow down not gradually, but on a dime... and the lead singer's voice in my opinion is beautiful.

Here's something I'm sure we can both agree on: Any nu-metal band is not as bad as Marilyn Manson....How annoying are those jokers? Music is horrible, vocals annoying, and persona laughably bad (sorry guys Bowie was courting glam totalitarianism 20+ years ago). They only succeed in scaring Christian Conservative parents, and I think even they find the totally irrelevant as of 6 years ago...

haha... yah I hate Manson... but i did like how my mom used to be apalled by him and his anti-christian image though! I got a kick out of it... but I never got into the whole Manson thing at all.

Originally posted by Towelie
Nope I have a few NU Metal bands in my top 10 band list... here they are:

1. Opeth
2. Tool
3. Mudvayne
4. Dream Theater
5. Dark Tranquility
6. Nothingface
7. Deftones
8. Symphony X
9. Radiohead
10. Metallica

eek6.gif
Opeth.... Dream Theatre.... Dark Tranquillity... are... NU METAL?? I think not..!
~Faints~

Forsest of October... *sigh*... you really are a girl from my dreams aren't you?? hehe... damnit... i'm gonna have to download ICQ now that I'm home on my mom's stupid computer... i hate not having MY computer

but it's FREAKING HARD to be that tight on tempo changes that drastic... they speed up and slow down not gradually, but on a dime...

You could REALLY grow to like progressive rock and metal, those people are usually musicians and that is more than what i can say about SOAD

ah hah misanthrope... but I DO love progressive metal/rock... I think Dream Theater, Rush, Radiohead, Symphony X... they're some of my favorite bands... I DO know what good music is... you need not fear that

Yeah..! Download ICQ again! :)

Forest of October gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to it.. I can play a majority of it on guitar too...
prplbiggrin.gif

It's one of my favourite Opeth songs.. Note, there's about 20 of them though... hehe

~Cuddles Towelie again, just for good measure ;) ~

my prob with most nu-metal (aside from the obvious fact that the music is simple, boring, unoriginal, etc) is all the posturing that goes along with it. i mean, i just cannot look at mudvayne or slipknot and muster up one ounce of respect. same goes for ANY band for whom appearance is a big deal -- be it britney spears or black metal.

and jayde, that "oh ah ah ah ah" part that you said the guy from disturbed did well live -- i hate it. it literally makes my skin crawl. and those nasty burp things he does right after that too. ick.

hehe saph... you can play opeth on guitar also!! you're making me swoon over here!! lol... i will probably download ICQ tomorrow because I think i'm going to bed.. but trust me.. we'll talk a lot... i'm at home... and bored as fuck... lina... i understand about mudvayne and the make-up... i don't like that either... but if you can just block that out... my god... those guys REALLY are amazing musicians... and they should never be said in the same sentence as slipknot.. slipknot only wishes they could sound like mudvayne..

time for a cig break... uggg... stupid nicotine... why do you have me in your grasp... at first smoking was fun and a new novelty... after it gets old though... it becomes expensive and blah... uggg... be back soon ;)