Most played songs at Opeth concerts...

Manga-San said:
We have several "songs that aren't played ever" topics, and since I haven't ever seen Opeth live, whenever I do get the chance to see them, I'd like a general idea of what they play...

I figure The Drapery Falls and Demon of the Fall are standards, if I'm guessing correctly. But, how often do they play Morningrise and Still Life material..? Serenity Painted Death, or maybe When..?

I'm really in the dark as to what they play most often, so it'd be cool to know, at least a general idea...

Orchid/Morningrise has been left out lately. Most played songs from these albums are Advent and Forest of October.

Demon of the Fall is the set closer. It is the most played song from My Arms Your Hearse and probably of all their songs.

Still Life never had a proper tour behind it, so songs from it have been occasionally rotated into the set every now and again since the last few tours. White Cluster saw alot of action on the Nevermore tour.

The Drapery Falls and Leper Affinity are Blackwater Park staples, especially the Drapery Falls. Mike used to announce it as the "single" onstage, and has mentioned it along with Deliverance as songs "they have to play."

Masters' Apprentices didn't get busted out until the very last tour, so I don't see why people are mentioning it as one of the most played songs. Same thing with the Damnation material. I suppose if you're counting it like averages, the whole Damnation set would rank pretty high, since there was a whole tour featuring that set, but I thought the first poster was asking about songs over the years that are played alot...

Check this post out for a little more setlist insight by Mr. Åkerfeldt:
http://ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2457504#post2457504

When I saw them In OKC at Diamball room they played
Master's Apprentice
The Drappery Falls
The Moor
Windowpane
In my time of Need
April's Ethereal
Deliverance
Bleak
Demon of the Fall

i wouldn't hold my breath for karma if i were you guys; it's lopez's least-favorite song....i'd love to see "when" though

@deliverance: yea, i know we'd all appreciate hearing a little more obscure material....if they played mayh in its entirety i would shit my pants

Gunhaver said:
replace blackwater park and advent with black rose immortal. i think a few people would enjoy that
That would definitely be a "holy crap" moment. Amazing song.

Advent though, is also kickass. Man, fuck MAYH, they should play all of Morningrise :D

Unfortunately, though, Night and the Silent Water is Mikael's least favorite song isn't it? I think I read that...I love it though.