songs opeth have never played live

affinityband said:
Either way, Mike'l give up eventually, He will decide to play it because he played his least favourite track.

You mean TNATSW? He said at the Melbourne concert that he's really starting to like that track, and im pretty sure he listed it as one of his favourites in one of his posts recently.

Yeah, I suppose all the old stuff was being played around the release of Orchid, seeing as that was the only material they had. Probably most of it around 2000 when the re-release came about.

in fact what i read from a mikael's post here was that BRI was played during a soundcheck.
nectar was played in the past in some concerts (there are bootlegs), but now they don't play it anymore. tnatsw was never played in the past, and played for the 1st time in the chronology dates in the USA.

Splintered Vision said:
You mean TNATSW? He said at the Melbourne concert that he's really starting to like that track, and im pretty sure he listed it as one of his favourites in one of his posts recently.

I realise that genius, But it WAS his least favourite track, or at least he stated it to be. Now what i was saying , that if he is willing to play his least favourite ( at the time ) he may play BRI.

opethpainter said:
in fact what i read from a mikael's post here was that BRI was played during a soundcheck.
nectar was played in the past in some concerts (there are bootlegs), but now they don't play it anymore. tnatsw was never played in the past, and played for the 1st time in the chronology dates in the USA.

yep, it has been played live (as in all the way through with everyone playing as opposed to studio recording) on the rehearsal demo type thing, but its not the same as the final version on Morningrise, and it wasn't live in front of an actual audience (maybe some friends, who knows...), just a live recording of a rehearsal... if that makes sense.

Yeah, its not the same as playing live, but people are interested in hearing how it would sound live, so that recording is probably the best they are going to get unless the band has a change of heart.

haha thats terrible hey, what the hell. But yeh is cool once he sorts himself out lol