Most underrated bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
Well there is a thread for most overrated bands, so what do you think are the most underrated bands? I think:

Nocturnus (especially the old stuff)
Suffocation
Monstrosity
Spawn Of Possession
Orphaned Land
Invocator
Mercyless
Abaddon Incarnate
Fleshcrawl
early Atrocity
Primordial
Aborym
Wasteform
Pyrexia

Monstrosity is deffinitely underrated, and I don't care what anyone says, DEATH is underrated, how anyone can say they are overrated I will never understand. Grip Inc, is underrated, but they suck now, soooo...

Borknagar indeed, Kvist, Suffocation, Enslaved (yes, I know they are quite popular on this msg board, but they really should be world famous) and Tidfall.

I kinda like the latest Tidfall album, but their "Circular Supremacy" is so much better - melodic black metal at its finest. Isvind is alright, their production makes Darkthrone sound polished, though ;) I've never heard Strid, so I guess I should check them out. Any suggestions?

Excuse me as my head explodes.

Overkill? Most people like them and everyone knows who they are. Motley Crue? Surely you jest. My dad knows who they are and they have millions of fans. Possessed, Deicide, Sepultura, and Morbid Angel were all more influential than death. Death released but one musically superior album, "Human". Later Death is silly, sentimental, directionless wankery. "SGB" was good but hardly a classic. Morbid Angel, Monstrosity, Disincarnate, Atheist, Brutality, Nocturnus, the list of bands doing something similar but superior goes on and on. Arch Enemy isn't doing anything that hasn't been done 10,000 times before.

Demigod
Abyssic Hate(old)
Miasma
Demilich
Atrocity(old)
Dominus(old)
Astrofaes
Wolfnacht
Ohtar
Cenotaph
Anacrusis(old)
Brutality
Molested
Cadaver
122-Stab Wounds
Mortal Decay
Deteriorot
The Chasm
Indungeon
Morpheus Descends
Galgenberg
Winter Night Overture
Ripper
Lord Belial(debut)
Necrophobic
Arghoslent
Afflicted
Goreaphobia

I'm only stopping because I've said enough.

henrikmain said:
I kinda like the latest Tidfall album, but their "Circular Supremacy" is so much better - melodic black metal at its finest. Isvind is alright, their production makes Darkthrone sound polished, though ;) I've never heard Strid, so I guess I should check them out. Any suggestions?

I don't think they came further than the demo stage, but they should have!!! I only have a demo on my computer and that's the only thing I've found of them on the net.
So I recommend the "End Of Life"-7" wich came out in '93, I think.
For all I know some famous black metal musicians could be behind Strid.. I know to little abou them, but that demo is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.