New Hypocrisy Album in March 2013

And also WOW the audibility of the bass, Mikael is all over the mix compared to the usual Hypocrisy sound. Props to this.

Edit : The Eye is simply TOO EPIC AND GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They need to play it live goddamnit

Controlled by the eye that sees
Trying to espace
But we'll never be free

Blinded by fear we are
We're living like slaves
Now its gone too faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr!!!!!

I got that good feeling after I listened tales, but definitely my favorites are in order 4400, the eye, united we fall, soldier, the return, tales; the others are average, unfortunately I haven't listened living dead, so if any one is so kind and would send to me by email I'd really appreciate. Thank you

Wow I read again my last post ans I sound totally butthurt like I didnt like the album but I love it!! I just need to play in the proper mood to really let it sink in and go nuts. I need to get some beer now.

The new world order, united we faaaaallllll!

You dont sound butthurt at all. Its OK to be underwhelmed. I am too, a little bit, but I was expeciting that after Peters statements before the release.
I agree that it is more Hypocrisy this time, sadly imo thats not a good thing since I think Virus and AToED are the best Hypo albums along with Abducted.

Even if the album is easier to grasp I still think it will grown over the next weeks, like almost everything else.

I'm a comparatively new listener...I've been getting into Hypocrisy over the last year and they are slowly starting to become one of my favourite bands.

I must say that I have not found any of their albums to be immediately gratifying; they only seem to click and 'reveal' themselves to the listener after many repeated listens.

This is album is no different to me - I know Peter said it was very immediate and obvious - I also was distinctly underwhelmed, even let down, on first listen but after spinning the album four times tonight I am really starting to love and understand it and I can see it being one of my very top albums of the year. Hypocrisy are just so goddamned.....unique.

I'm a comparatively new listener...I've been getting into Hypocrisy over the last year and they are slowly starting to become one of my favourite bands.

I must say that I have not found any of their albums to be immediately gratifying; they only seem to click and 'reveal' themselves to the listener after many repeated listens.

This is album is no different to me - I know Peter said it was very immediate and obvious - I also was distinctly underwhelmed, even let down, on first listen but after spinning the album four times tonight I am really starting to love and understand it and I can see it being one of my very top albums of the year. Hypocrisy are just so goddamned.....unique.

Welcome aboard, nice first post! I also think this album is a grower despite what Peter said. Finally...hell is where I stay is a fucking groove :p

Fave songs :

Tales of the spineless
The eye (probably my fave one)
United we fall
44 00
Soldier of fortune
The return

I SHOULD listen to Living Dead for the first time...momentarily :p just waiting for abductedchild to pop in! :p

Welcome aboard, nice first post! I also think this album is a grower despite what Peter said. Finally...hell is where I stay is a fucking groove :p

Fave songs :

Tales of the spineless
The eye (probably my fave one)
United we fall
44 00
Soldier of fortune
The return

I SHOULD listen to Living Dead for the first time...momentarily :p just waiting for abductedchild to pop in! :p

hey dude! it was sent! \,,/

now that i read a couple of times some people need more than one spin to really like the album, i'd like to know "how" you guys listen to the songs?

is it like you put the cd in your stereo, sit down in you super comfy armchair and close you eyes while listening?

or is it like you're doing stuff alongside. cause i'm not an "active" listener myself until i wanna figure out some certain riffs e.g., so i played Path of Exile while listening. And yet with both 44 00 and Soldiers of Fortune they both flashed me in a way, i paused the game and listened on repeat, before i even knew what songs would come up next. kinda weird maybe. but from a songwriters perspective most of the riffs are "easy to understand" and more straight forward than in the previous album. AtoeD is the most technical of all Hypocrisy albums, EoD in contrast is very simplistic in a way you could pick up you guitar and play along pretty easily. which may be a letdown when focussing too much on the music in a first listen (hypothesis).

I've said it before, Hypocrisy isn't about the most brutal/complexed riffs, but about the general feel of the song, it has to work together, the lyrics, the riffs, the drums, the ambiance. And that for me is Hypocrisy and imo they've achieved it yet again on EoD! I'm on my third listen now ( actually 3rd in a row since I woke up and could finally listen to it haha ) and it's growing fast on me.
The Eye is just awesome, classic Hypocrisy stuff, LOVE IT!

I'll continue to listen to it now! \m/

Im an active listener. First 2-3 spins I always listen home by myself cranked up on my stereo, never skipping tracks and playing start to finish, focusing on the music. Then it ends up on my phone, and when I listen with my earbuds its almost impossible to not pay attention to the music, even if I do other stuff while listening. I have been spinnig it on my way to work and also during work the last two days (usually sit at a desk). 4400 has already become a snoozefest to me.

well, I'm constantly listening music in my phone, the thing is since the album was leaked on wednesday (Australian Time) I have listened to it like 16 or 17 times completely, I paid attention in the first listening to almost all songs except for EoD cus I cracked it a lot, the I think Hell is where I stay seemed to me that was not that attractive, I can say that when death calls as well, but after some spins those songs became more familiar, for all the other songs it was pure excitement and energy like an alloy of Final chapter, Self titled, into the abyss, but still with that feeling of the fills from ATOED, Peter's voice is just sublime. I'm constantly outside home so I got plenty of time while i'm out to pay attention to it on my phone and seriously on thursday I listened to it 4 times in a row.

im an active listener as well, i would never listen to something like a new hypo album while doing other things. you might say that hypocrisy is not always about complex riffs and stuff, but it is nevertheless important for me to look at detail and how songs are arranged and so on.

but have you all received your mailorder edition yet?? few days agoe i got the email:

The release of the Hypocrisy “End of Disclosure” mailorder edition has been slightly delayed due to the production of the shot glasses.

fuuuu shotglasses..

Well about the way I listen to Hypocrisy, I like to grab one of my axes and figure out the riffs but thats only after several listenings when the song have already sunk in.

For the first listenings, to let the album really sink in, I simply must be in the proper mood to really get blasted. If in not in the proper mood the first times, no matter how AWESOME (like EOD) is the album, it will be a letdown of a sort. I got the album what, wednesday night? or was it Tuesday, anyway I was in the middle of a pretty rough week at work, but Thursday night I told myself, fuck it, let the stress out, get your ass some beers and put the volume REALLY loud. And then BANG. I realised how EPIC was The Eye, that Hell is were I stay was so groovy, etc etc. I always need THAT listening, the one where I get carried away. After, the album will always be awesome, no matter when I play it.

Hypocrisy has been our fave band for a while now, I mean Ive been a fan since Penetralia, it became one of my fave band with The 4th dimension and it officially became the band band of the universe with Abducted so I mean I dont listen to their new albums the way I do for other bands. Mile high expectations and such.

oh and LIVING DEAD is a really good bonus track. Totally worthy of making the cut

Greetings all,

New here, but long time Hypo abuser :)

A quick question, are there any story or theme connection between the track Hypocrisy: End of disclosure and PAIN: You only live twice, because apart from the lyrics, those two songs are almost identical?
Or did Peter just wanted to redo the track like the two Catch 22 albums?

´Hmmm just tubed the tracks side by side and can hear that it is only bits from "You only live twice", that have been re-used (mainly the synth part). Guess my memory needs some refreshing :)

Greetings all,

New here, but long time Hypo abuser :)

A quick question, are there any story or theme connection between the track Hypocrisy: End of disclosure and PAIN: You only live twice, because apart from the lyrics, those two songs are almost identical?
Or did Peter just wanted to redo the track like the two Catch 22 albums?

´Hmmm just tubed the tracks side by side and can hear that it is only bits from "You only live twice", that have been re-used (mainly the synth part). Guess my memory needs some refreshing :)

Let me tell you my friend that I realized it as well it was pretty odd when I was listening YOLT last week!:err: