(New) Love/Hate Thread

Love : Managed to make it through Black Friday in one piece. Since 2021 is my 15th year with Nike, I get another paid five week sabbatical, so I'm on vacation until like January 3rd or something. Fun times ahead!!
Also love : New Cynic and Nick Johnston albums came out today!!
Also also love : Assassin's Creed Valhalla is actually pretty good? Got it because it was on sale and I'm actually really enjoying it so far.
Hate : The lack of... well, literally ANY sort of effort from a lot of my newly hired coworkers. It makes me feel really old when I say this, but... this new generation is (MOSTLY) lazy as fuck. Zero motivation in (MOST) of them. It's so aggravating.

Reactions: zerostatic
Enjoy your long vacation.
Love: Long Holiday weekends

Hate; Ribs are still fucked up, hope it gets better. Had covid flu the last few days after my booster on Wednesday. The expectation of giving and receiving gifts at Xmas. I have nearly everything I want and need; don't really want to add clutter to my house. It is difficult telling family members when they ask what I would like for xmas.

Almost a week in and I haven't done a god damn thing. Both refreshing and depressing at the same time. :lol:

Love : Bought Far Cry 6 for co-op. Wasn't expecting much... but this game is actually pretty great. Between this and AC Valhalla, it seems like MAYBE Ubisoft has learned how to make good games again?
Also love : I've started playing another TCG, Flesh and Blood. Ordered some beginner decks and watched a bunch of videos. Found an app online where you can play against AI. Game is new and confusing but seems really interesting. Really eager to get the decks I ordered and actually play against someone (IE my brothers).
Hate : Both my brothers are applying for their first jobs and got their first cell phones today. This makes me feel far older than it should.

As someone who has every summer off I am used to what you are talking about Keenan. I recommend making a list of goals, tasks, and chores to accomplish. Knock one off the list every day and it will give you sense a satisfaction. That way you can spend the rest of the day relaxing and partying. :kickass:

I had the makings of one already worked up. Actually started on doing some of it today! Hurray for organizing! :kickass:

Love : All the music I've downloaded recently. Agalloch, Enslaved, the complete Deathloop OST, Cynic, Nick Johnston... all great!
Hate : Trying to get my brothers an Xbox Series X for Christmas. Restocks are few but bots are many. :(

I'm not a serious gamer at all but I haven't seen a Play Station, Xbox, or switch system in my local Target in over a year. Guess I will keep on playing FO4, Skyrim, and RDR2 on my PS4.

LOVE : I was a bit skeptical but since it has shipped I can finally rejoice.... I got my brothers an Xbox Series X for Christmas! :kickass:
Hate : The Game Awards had some cool moments but not enough cool moments to make the three hour show feel like it was worth it.

Life is moving fast and I keep forgetting to drop in. Hope everyone's doing well

Love: My album is out on Friday! Ah!!!! I will post about it in the thread when it's out if any of you are interested :) Besides that, the D2 30th anniversary DLC has been fun, the 3/4ish missions of the Halo Infinite campaign i've gotten to play are fantastic

Hate: More bathroom troubles in the apartment so we had to spend a few nights at a hotel, for the 3rd time. Definitely over it at this point but, hey, at least i'm home again

Love: Last week of the school/work year. Looking forward to a couple weeks off. Seem to have recovered from my rib/stomach injury. Went to my first concert in nearly two years a week or so ago. Saw the Foo Fighters play in the venue Lady Gaga usually performs in during her Las Vegas Residency.

Hate: Still waiting on my 1914 Vinyl to show up. I noticed it is not even shown as an option to purchase on the website and the label sent a generic reply to my inquiry for a shipping update last week.

^Nice! My first "post" pandemic concert will be in March when I see Dream Theater. Still hesitant about it, to be honest. I haven't done anything social since 2019 so I'm not sure how it'll go.

Love : Flesh and Blood is a really cool card game!
Hate : Wanting to play Flesh and Blood at a local game store... but the closest ones are a good while away. :(

^Nice! My first "post" pandemic concert will be in March when I see Dream Theater. Still hesitant about it, to be honest. I haven't done anything social since 2019 so I'm not sure how it'll go.

Love : Flesh and Blood is a really cool card game!
Hate : Wanting to play Flesh and Blood at a local game store... but the closest ones are a good while away. :(

Foo Fighters mandated that all attendees either show proof of vaccination or a negative covid test to enter the concert. Once you got in though it was anything goes and most people were maskless. I kept my mask on and rocked out for nearly 3 hours to Foo Fighters! They teased doing a possible residency so that might happen next year.

Love: Release day, lets gooooooooooooo. 20 months of hard work has finally paid off, glad it's finally out. Will include a link at the bottom of the post if anyone wants to give it a spin. It's instrumental and mostly electronic, save for 2 different piano focused tracks.

Hate: Hungry as hell and not much to eat here. Also haven't finished getting my family members gifts yet and it's bugging me. Also a bit bummed by global warming making this month not nearly as uh. Snowy and cold as I was hoping for so it doesn't really feel like christmas time to me :/

If you don't have spotify you can find it most everywhere else, it's called "A Dream Of Teeth" :)

Congratulations. I will check it out on Spotify.

Thank you! I hope you have a fun time with it. That being said, none of you are under any obligation to listen to it or like it just because we're internet pals on a very obscure forum :lol: That being said, I still hope you guys do

Love: Last Day of work for the year. Got great news to share - my wife has been offered a job at a very serious University in the northeast. Need to start planning a move across the country! Finally got a shipping confirmation for my 1914 vinyl!

Hate: Closing out grades for the year and the crazy requests I am getting from students and parents. No, you can't have an extension, you didn't do any work for 8 weeks. No, I am not going to go back and regrade all of his assignments because he has a 504 plan, he only turned in 3 out of 20 assignments this last quarter. No, I am not going to justify an assignment that was due 8 weeks ago when your student has not submitted anything all semester. :lol::brick:

^Wow! Congrats on the promotion! A cross country move sounds crazy. Hope you guys find a nice place! :kickass:

Thank you! I hope you have a fun time with it. That being said, none of you are under any obligation to listen to it or like it just because we're internet pals on a very obscure forum :lol: That being said, I still hope you guys do

Just listened to the whole thing on Youtube (I'm not a Spotify person). It's cool, but not really my type of music. When it comes to electronic stuff, I'm more of the retrowave/synthwave dreamy nostalgia type of thing and less of the heavy type of thing. Still, congrats on the release!! :kickass:

Love : Christmas is SOON
Hate : Apparently my workplace is in all sorts of drama. Not sure what it's gonna be like when I get back.

Just listened to the whole thing on Youtube (I'm not a Spotify person). It's cool, but not really my type of music. When it comes to electronic stuff, I'm more of the retrowave/synthwave dreamy nostalgia type of thing and less of the heavy type of thing. Still, congrats on the release!! :kickass:

Hah, thank you friend :lol:

Love: Christmas time should be fun, my dad is in town. Halo Infinite was real great

Hate: My friend is coming to town since he was stuck in Japan for 2 years and he isn't gonna get to spend that much time here which sucks but oh well. Just glad I can see him at all

The artwork looks awesome man! I love the teeth!! At home visiting family for Christmas so will listen to it when I get chance. Just wanted to say congrats

The artwork looks awesome man! I love the teeth!! At home visiting family for Christmas so will listen to it when I get chance. Just wanted to say congrats

Ah, thank you! I spent $100~ on the art so i'm glad people are enjoying it :lol:

Next step is getting a vinyl copy made for myself, getting the alternate art made so the vinyl has both sides covered, and then maybe i'll go with my original plan to get art made for each individual song. Still thinking

Love: Spider-Man was great, and I also loved the new Matrix
Hate: Not much, things are really solidly okay right now

It's that time of year again! It's sad that Dave isn't here to tell me to fuck off, but Merry Christmas, everyone! Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season with family, friends, food and music! :kickass: