New mix (my best) - metal

Sep 15, 2008
I am testing to record my first band and i think this is my best mix so far. i hate my previous mix.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/722814/FINAL_MIX.mp3

same, i need a mic and i couldn´t to record vocals. i´d appreciate if somebody record some vocals for this test.

i wait your opinions to continue improving my sound.

---------
UPDATE
---------
minor tweakings and strings added.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/722814/tss3.mp3

----------------
new update
----------------
i changed master settings. now, i think my drums and overall mix are not smashed.
i put verb in drums too.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/722814/new mix.mp3

i wait for your opinions,

I think it sounds great! The lead and harmony stood out great and the riffs and guitar sound is BRUTAL. The drums were on point also, I'd be totally pleased with your results :D Some of the cymbal hits were a bit weak for my taste, but all in all I'd say you nailed a great mix, vox missing of course.

I think it sounds great! The lead and harmony stood out great and the riffs and guitar sound is BRUTAL. The drums were on point also, I'd be totally pleased with your results :D Some of the cymbal hits were a bit weak for my taste, but all in all I'd say you nailed a great mix, vox missing of course.

thanks man.
i really like the guitar sound this time and the general sound fits well now.
and yes, i need some vocals to see 100% song.
i´ll try to fix those cymbals hits man.
thanks for your opinion again.

I just wanted to say that this sounds great, and I would like to hear the full song.
I can't really give any insight on the audio production, as I've just gotten into reading this forum/messing around with a little bit of guitar recording.

I just wanted to say that this sounds great, and I would like to hear the full song.
I can't really give any insight on the audio production, as I've just gotten into reading this forum/messing around with a little bit of guitar recording.

thanks man. i think i´ll record the full song next week. this only was a song test but i am loving the song.;)

Lots of sub lows going on here. Might want to tame those.

you're getting much better at this dude!

big improvement over your older mixes/clips ive heard

thanks brian, i think it sounds a lot better than my old mixes (new stuff) and i learned a lot from you.;)

Unavailable and Brian, sure there are a lot sub lows in the mix? i usually love sub low mixes.

some opinions more?

could somebody record some vocals?

and, i´ll buy a condenser mic next month, somebody could recommend one not expensive? for example AT at3035 is cheap and good results but i think it isn´t on sale.

thanks man. i think i´ll record the full song next week. this only was a song test but i am loving the song.;)

thanks brian, i think it sounds a lot better than my old mixes (new stuff) and i learned a lot from you.;)

Unavailable and Brian, sure there are a lot sub lows in the mix? i usually love sub low mixes.

It sounds like your monitors might lack the frequencies he's talking about, it's really low, like probably 30-50hz area

God i love it.

Sm7.

And i think the 3035 is just the 2035 now or something?

thanks.
i´d like to listen some recordings with at2035. somebody has tried it?

It sounds like your monitors might lack the frequencies he's talking about, it's really low, like probably 30-50hz area

i don´t know. i´ve been comparing my mix with different professional mixes and i think i´ve good sub lows...:ill:

I was astonished when i got Devin Townsends greatist hits album and the kicks were MONSTROUS so fuck it.

do the car test haha

hahahaaha.
i made a car test. i was comparing for example with oceano record. yes, i think my kick has a lot sub lows, i gonna make a high pass (50-60 aprox.).
and, what do you recommend for bass??? some cuts? high pass?

Sounds good! I like your playing ;) The kick sounds a little sloppy.. or, the "smack" could have been lowered a little to make the kick fit in with the rest.. I might be wrong offcourse, just got home after a noisy day at work..:saint:

Sounds good! I like your playing ;) The kick sounds a little sloppy.. or, the "smack" could have been lowered a little to make the kick fit in with the rest.. I might be wrong offcourse, just got home after a noisy day at work..:saint:

yes. the mix sounds good but when i go to master settings, last plugin in this chain (limiter) smash my mix (drums a lot).
how could i fix it?
thanks for your comments,