New Nightwish Vocalist is(info from Sonic Cathedral)

Nightwish is going to rule no matter what they do...I just am not expecting it to be the same as before. I'll basically be looking at it as a new band that play's old Nightwish material...that's just me though.
Well, you'll be right in a way. Nightwish will be a changed band with new elements, mainly the new vocalist. I think there will be a difference in vocal style, but not so drastic as to make the old songs something totally different. Tuomas was experimenting and going in new directions with the vocals anyway in Once, and I think he meant to continue. So, even if Tarja and stayed, I think there would have been a change. Still, with the same core group and Tuomas composing, it will definitely be NW. I just think Tuomas would have evolved the band in this direction, with or without Tarja.

After hearing little snippets on their video blogs, I personally can't wait!!! Just can't decided how many shows to go to. Really would be fun to see the first at Jaxx

Havent seen this here, could be a trick!

Norwegian singer Vibeke Stene (ex-TRISTANIA, Photo#1, Photo#2) has shot down reports that she has joined NIGHTWISH as the replacement for Tarja Turunen.

Yesterday, Finland's biggest tabloid, Ilta-Sanomat, published the rumors that Stene accepted the job as new vocalist for the Finnish symphonic metal band.

However, according to Stene, "That is not true. I would not want to sing for NIGHTWISH," she told the Norwegian newspaper VG.

Stene believes that it might not be a coincidence that the rumors have surfaced around the time of the release of the new TRISTANIA album.

According to Vibeke, TRISTINIA's record label asked her a year ago if it was OK for them to put out the rumor that she was going to take over the singer slot in NIGHTWISH. This was in order to generate interest in TRISTANIA, which Stene quit three weeks ago "due to personal reasons."

However, "I said no," says Stene.

The only public information about the new vocalist that has come out of the NIGHTWISH camp so far has been offered by the group's manager, Ewo Pohjola (a.k.a. Ewo Rytkönen) of King Foo Entertainment. "She is getting along very well with the guys," he said. "She is very talented, clever and sweet."

If you ask me, which you didn't, but i am going to say it anyway. If the rumors surrounding the secrecy of the new NIGHTWISH singer is any indication of the level of security the NIGHTWISH management and band members have enforced on themselves, then Hire them to safe guard the US military and Nuclear secrets, hell that would keep the whole world guessing what we are up to.

If you ask me, which you didn't, but i am going to say it anyway. If the rumors surrounding the secrecy of the new NIGHTWISH singer is any indication of the level of security the NIGHTWISH management and band members have enforced on themselves, then Hire them to safe guard the US military and Nuclear secrets, hell that would keep the whole world guessing what we are up to.

Jesus Christ, son! Do you know what Tim Russert and his fellow tapeheads would say? I can see "Meet the Press" now: Russert "First, it was Dubai running our Port security. Now, the Pentagon has hired four Heavy Metal musicians from Finland to protect our shores. How was this allowed to happen? Who was responsible? Are they really qualified to keep our country safe? Our guest this morning, the man who will answer these and other questions, the CEO of the contractor Scene Nation, Mr. Jukka Nevalainen. If it is Sunday, it is Meet the Press."

Peace,
Ray C.

Just can't decided how many shows to go to. Really would be fun to see the first at Jaxx
Don't wait too long! Jaxx's website says only less than 120 tickets remain today. A sell-out 7 months in advance, people not even knowing who will be the vocalist! Way to go Nightwish :cool: :headbang:

According to Vibeke, TRISTINIA's record label asked her a year ago if it was OK for them to put out the rumor that she was going to take over the singer slot in NIGHTWISH. This was in order to generate interest in TRISTANIA, which Stene quit three weeks ago "due to personal reasons."

That's pretty funny.

Jesus Christ, son! Do you know what Tim Russert and his fellow tapeheads would say? I can see "Meet the Press" now: Russert "First, it was Dubai running our Port security. Now, the Pentagon has hired four Heavy Metal musicians from Finland to protect our shores. How was this allowed to happen? Who was responsible? Are they really qualified to keep our country safe? Our guest this morning, the man who will answer these and other questions, the CEO of the contractor Scene Nation, Mr. Jukka Nevalainen. If it is Sunday, it is Meet the Press."

Peace,
Ray C.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE it just seems to me that they do a better job than even our FBI and CIA do, in fact we had a president who released info on CIA operatives(names and addresses) in foreign countries and some of them went missing and haven't been heard from since(Thanks Mr. Clinton). These four guys and their managment have been really tight lipped about everything.

Why does the new vocalist have to be a female?

They already HAVE a male vocalist. His name is Marco Hietala. And, could you picture Marco singing "Wishmaster" or "Bless the Child" as frontman? Nightwish is designed for a female front

The new stuff will be great...no doubt about that...I just kind of wish they moved on and called it something different. I feel that a vocalist is one of those members that should not be replaced without a new name in place...

for example...VAN HALEN. Love Roth...Love Hagar...two different bands.

What about Iron Maiden, Deep Purple (Ian Gillian wasnt the original singer), Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Andromeda, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Kamelot, etc...? They've all have front man changes and kept the name and that wasnt a bad thing.

Replacing the singer is initially the most obvious but when you replace the primary song writer that the biggest change to the music.

Replacing the singer is initially the most obvious but when you replace the primary song writer that the biggest change to the music.

I totally argee. But what happens when your lead songwriter(s) do a 180? Like, say, Queensryche?

We need to get Geezer Butler and the Supreme Metal Council to pass a "metal law" regarding mandates and critera for band name changes. :lol:

They already HAVE a male vocalist. His name is Marco Hietala. And, could you picture Marco singing "Wishmaster" or "Bless the Child" as frontman? Nightwish is designed for a female front

I realize they have male vocals...I'm just saying that there are male vocalists that could sing Tarja's parts

I realize they have male vocals...I'm just saying that there are male vocalists that could sing Tarja's parts

That may be, but the vast majority of the fanbase as well as the media wouldn't have it. Part of what sells Nightwish is having the gothy looking female frontwoman and they'd be committing career suicide if they tried to get rid of that.

Maybe so, but I think songs like "Come Cover Me" "Everdream" and "The Siren" would lose a lot. They need a female singer or it would just be weird.