Novembers Doom Paul digs WoY

You lads all need to take your wishes and desires up with local promotors. Push them so the bands get a chance go play your town. I'm sure there's nothing they'd rather do.
</wise guy mode>

That's just it really! If you really want to see a band come to your city, you have to contact the promoters. They really are the only guys who make this happen. + There's only so much we can do on our end too!

Even just send them an e-mail with some links. Sell! Sell! Sell!!! :heh:

i had a thought this morning somewhat related to this discussion: Woods of Ypres should do an in-store signing and meet & greet at Steves Music or something. Cryptopsy did one last year the day of their March 4th concert and it was pretty cool.

sdmf2 said:
i had a thought this morning somewhat related to this discussion: Woods of Ypres should do an in-store signing and meet & greet at Steves Music or something. Cryptopsy did one last year the day of their March 4th concert and it was pretty cool.

That would be amazing

David Gold said:
That's just it really! If you really want to see a band come to your city, you have to contact the promoters. They really are the only guys who make this happen. + There's only so much we can do on our end too!

Even just send them an e-mail with some links. Sell! Sell! Sell!!! :heh:

David I've been telling people this on our forum and in interviews for so long now I sound like a broken record (no wisecracks from anyone LOL)

Promoters will be much more inclined to book a tour package coming through their town if they know that people are wanting it. If there's a club in your area that usually caters to the metal shows/tours, then it doesn't hurt to just send them emails inquiring about how you'd love to see such-and-such band play there. If they have that happen enough, then when the booking agency contacts these clubs about possible bookings, the club promoter might recall people requesting that band, and so on.....it seems silly but it really could help make the difference between a tour coming to your town or not. Even in big cities like mine (chicago) with lots of clubs, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get a local promoter to agree to book a gig for a tour even for "big" bands that you'd think would have no problem at all.

Cliche as it sounds, the voice of the people really can make a difference, even if it's just something as trivial as having a good fuckin' metal show happen in your town! :headbang:

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
David I've been telling people this on our forum and in interviews for so long now I sound like a broken record (no wisecracks from anyone LOL)
Actually I wanted to give you guys a break and spare you the trouble by posting that myself. Then again cheers for adding strength to that, Larry. Now people will actually believe I made a valid point. It's like not hearing what the flight attendant is saying but paying shiploads of attention when the pilot comes on the PA, even if they're saying the exact same thing. ;)